new to droid 2

smurfette8202

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
i had a droid incredible. my boyfriend decided to get me a droid 2 for xmas. and now i have a few questions!!!!

1 how do i view a web page not in mobile view?!

2 how do i change the setting for the text messages where the websites are linked.

ok that is wat i could think of right now! please help me!

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
i had a droid incredible. my boyfriend decided to get me a droid 2 for xmas. and now i have a few questions!!!!

1 how do i view a web page not in mobile view?!

2 how do i change the setting for the text messages where the websites are linked.

ok that is wat i could think of right now! please help me!

1. You can't change the default browser to view full web pages without jumping through hoops. You would be better off installing Dolphin HD browser, the settings are easier and they stay put.

2. I don't understand this question.

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
To #1, a number of websites are getting wise now and are including links to view the "Full Site" as sometimes the mobile sites are seriously limited in function. I know Amazon for example has a link to their full site when you scroll all the way to the bottom of the page. A number of others sites I use have the link at the very bottom of the mobile page as well. Outside of that there's not really much you can do if the website itself doesn't offer a link to view their full site.

Rev.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
To #1, a number of websites are getting wise now and are including links to view the "Full Site" as sometimes the mobile sites are seriously limited in function. I know Amazon for example has a link to their full site when you scroll all the way to the bottom of the page. A number of others sites I use have the link at the very bottom of the mobile page as well. Outside of that there's not really much you can do if the website itself doesn't offer a link to view their full site.

Rev.

Dolphin HD takes you to full websites just like the incredible, so does the default browser if you tell it to do so, but it's more difficult to do and the settings don't stay if you close the browser.

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
so does the default browser if you tell it to do so, but it's more difficult to do and the settings don't stay if you close the browser.

Interesting, I didn't know that. Where is the option in the default browser to view the full site?

Rev.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Im not seeing this uastring in the settings

Did you type in about:debug?

If you do it once the settings appear, if you do it twice they go away again and you'll have to do it a 3rd time.
You're better off downloading dolphin HD. You can set it to full web and it stays.
The default browser will remove the settings every time you force close the browser or reboot.

Reactions: smurfette8202

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkie XL