Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Calendar Problem

So I have this issue that I just noticed. The pic should help explain it.

The stock calendar on my Droid 2 is sync'ed to my google calendar, but has stopped showing the text on the bars that signify my all day events. I know in the past the stock calendar has shown these all day events with text, but not any longer. I've tried deleting all day events and creating new ones (both on the phone and on the PC) and I've cleared the calendar app's data and re-linked it with my Google account, but nothing has helped.

For reference, the blue bar should show text relating to a home improvement project and the orange bar should have text about my day off from work.

Anyone else seen this problem? Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks for the help.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Calendar Problem-my-calendar-problem.jpg  
    -- Yeah, what he said!

Global Posts
    251 Global Posts

I just read about this very issue in the Droid forum. Here is the link to that thread, see if it helps answer your question. http://forum.androidcentral.com/moto...dar-issue.html
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for the link. My all day events show up as bold days on my month view, and in the daily view, it shows the colored bars for each event. I can click on the colored bars and view the event, the problem is that the colored bars no longer have text in them like they used to.
    -- Yeah, what he said!

Global Posts
    251 Global Posts

Hum, I just added my daughters birthday on Feb 13 and Dinner at red lobster that evening. They both show up with the orange and blue bar with the text in them. I am rooted running Launcher Pro, and stock stuff, nothing deleted or frozen.

Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    ROM
    z4 root running stock ROM

i did notice that too with my stock calender but i thought it was normal since i just recently came to android from blackberry. i downloaded jorte and i like it better than the stock calender. i would like to go back to the stock calender if/when the next update fixes that bug.

Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I actually like Jorte as well. You can customize colors, fonts, and views. It syncs w Google and has a decent widget.

Droid2 with Fission
    Droid 3 XT862 working on T-Mobile using XT883 radio.img and custom build.prop