did i kill my droid 2

kdshaw83

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Ok I have a droid 2 that I slightly got wet. The stickers on the battery and phone say it never got wet but I know it did a bit. I dried the phone out for a few days and when I put the battery in and turn it on it goes to a black screen that says bootloader d2. 37 battery low cannot program flashes in the middle left of screen. Its a constant loop. The phone was working fine before the water and was rooted with z4root. Will motorola warranty the phone since the stickers say it didn't get wet? Or can I get it running again?

Kimo91

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Just because the stickers weren't tripped doesn't mean anything. Once any tech opens your phone up and sees the slightest evidence of corrosion or even liquid residue its going to be considered 'damaged beyond repair'. save yourself the hassle and be honest with that situation: if you have insurance pay the deductible and get another phone sent to you. If you decide to lie about how it quit working get one free from verizon or motorola but once they find any kind of said moisture damage in the phone be prepared to get billed full price of the replacement phone somewhere around $400. Remember you did say you rooted your phone and that right there voids out any warranty you had from any manufacturer so just file an insurance claim.

That being said, I'm a cell phone repair tech for Sprint and I love finding moisture in any phone and then have the customer sit there and try to lie about water getting in their phones, try to blame someone else or even blamed sprint for how the phone got wet. When did we as a society quit taking responsibility for ourselves that now people actually want to have a debate on whether or not to lie about messing something up through their actions?

chrstdvd

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Kimo91 is right, but since he is saying the phone is a total loss, would it hurt to put the battery in and place it on charge for a few hours to see if the battery really is to low to boot the phone?

Kimo91

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
OP can try putting in a new battery to see if the power loop will stop...could be his battery went bad as well. that's the thing about android OS phones, either app killer will eventually put a phone on a power loop/cycle or the battery itself will.

and to kdshaw83: sorry for jumping on my soapbox, fraud is where i draw the line when it comes to giving advice/help. hope swapping out the battery will help your situation.

Last edited:

kdshaw83

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I bought a droid x as replacement but would like to try salvaging the 2. With a good battery the phone again goes to bootloader and says something like ready to program thru usb. Does it make a difference to try and force some sort of reprogram?

kdshaw83

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Im just now getting to dealing with the phone. If I install a fresh battery it still is at the black bootloader screen and says ready to program what do I do now? Any help with this

potatoho

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
From what I understand the D2 will not charge when it doesn't have a valid ROM. Keep the fresh battery because that's all you have unless you have another phone to keep it charged, go find RSD light and flash the sbf.

kdshaw83

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Ok I actually took the phone to Verizon and they tried to reinstall everything but came back and said there was some sort of error trying to reinstall the sbf so now what? Am I screwed?

corydunbar

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
I don't trust in store reps. Id just try and .sbf it myself.

sent from my Motorola DROID X / DROID 2

EDIT: If you need instruction on how to SBF your device i'll help you out

Last edited:
Reactions: Wicked2005

Wicked2005

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Please help!

I don't trust in store reps. Id just try and .sbf it myself.

sent from my Motorola DROID X / DROID 2

EDIT: If you need instruction on how to SBF your device i'll help you out

Yes!! I need this information!!! I spilled a drink on my Droid2 (R2D2) last night and need an immediate fix so I can use my phone again.

Should I take my phone to Verizon??

OR

Should I fix it myself??? I got it in February, only download from the Droid App store, so I shouldn't have anything funky on my phone. (Don't know what kind of spyware, if any, I have, though.)

THANKS, CORY!!!

corydunbar

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
Ok, well if you go to the ROMs and Hacks section there is a stickied thread that will walk you through doing a Complete SBF reflash of your Droid 2. make sure you have properly dried your device out. The best method is to place your phone in a ziplock full of uncooked rice. Rice is an absorbant that wont make a mess. so it will draw the moisture out of the air and your phone that is in the bag.

Sent from my Logitech Revue with Google TV

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12