unlock slider blues

Bleeman

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
does anyone else have the problem of a laggy unlocker?

aaaaand every so often (twice this morning) it wont work at all and i have to pull the battery. Is this a D2 issue or just my phone?

Smitty_82

Android Addict
Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed a little lag on the unlock bar, there could be any number of causes for that. When you pulled the battery this morning, did you try the power button first. A lot of times when I get a little laggy, i just do a quick restart with the power button and it will help out. Also getting rid of any widgets you are not using can help.

Kimo91

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
i noticed that lag too when i first powered my Droid 2 on for the first time when i got it in the mail...got on my nerves so i downloaded no lock to get rid of it. took me 3 weeks to finally get fed up with that lag issue lol

Bleeman

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
yeah, battery pulling is a last result for me most of the time. i restart my phone on a fairly regular basis just because it normally keeps the unlocker from lagging. but this morning when the phone would wake up the slider wouldnt respond and the screen never went back to sleep, so i would have to pull the battery.

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I've only had my D2 for 2 1/2 months but I've never had any instance whatsoever of the unlock slider lagging or not responding. Interesting that this comes up today as yesterday my coworker was complaining about his new iPhone 4 and even showed me the unlock completely not registering anything, the phone wouldn't even respond to the home button. A few seconds later it started working again.

Rev.

Bleeman

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
sounds exactly like my problem. the issue i have isnt huge, just one of those little things that at the right moment on a ****ty day can set you off on a nerd rage rant.

Kimo91

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
i honestly thought it was normal cause i would see that 1-3 second lag on other android phones too. glad to see it wasn't just me that noticed that lag brand new out of the box like i did.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure i will hear it for this,,, but this is common place with moto devices, I had the DX with the same issue, my father has OG Droid same issue, co worker has D2 same issue, its most likely a blur thing

BenSWoodruff

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
With the stock ROM, I would lose my mind without the No Lock app. Since flashing a new ROM, I've loved my lock screen. It has the stock colors and works smoothly. Though, sometimes my gf's quickly reboots after unlocking for no apparent reason :-\

My next Android phone will most likely be an HTC. If there is a secret to make blur work correctly, I wish I knew.

Droid2 with Fission

ishore99

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
On occasion the slider will freeze, and then the D2G will reboot. I have tried to recreate this but could not. It may happen maybe every third day.

Smitty_82

Android Addict
Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
It sounds to me that something is taking to much ram to cause the lag. Might check the running apps to see if there might be something (or combination) that is causing this.

cajunbeast

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I had the same issue. I did battery pull and a soft reset. Neither helped. So I figured what the heck, it may be Launched Pro. So I downloaded ADW. Guess what? Love was lagging my locker. Even Blue unlocked smoother. I even overclocked to attempt unlocking faster. Baja. Try ADW. I love it.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

lwirtjes

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
My wifes D2 does the same thing. Ive had the Dinc for 8 months now, and it too had the unlock, which I hate.
So I use "No Lock". which turn the lock off.
I have never had a issue with butt dialing, or any thing like that, because you still need to hit the power button to activate the screen.
My wifes D2 now has no lock and she likes it as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress