Droid 2 Global sync with pc

adidas81

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I apologize if this has been posted before, but I could not find an answer thus far. Is it normal procedure for everytime I plug my D2G into my pc that it brings up a window for the moto drivers, and i have to choose and option to repair or remove them? It just seems to be me that it should simply bring up the folder for what is on my SD card. Thank you.

BenSWoodruff

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Mine simply pulls up a browser window with vzw media manager site. Maybe this warrants a call to customer service?

Droid2 with Fission

jdbower

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Have you actually installed the Moto drivers? Did you download the ones from the Moto website or the ones that were probably outdated when they pressed the CD that came with the phone?

You may also want to check your USB mode on the phone, it sounds like you want Mass Storage mode which I always like much better than phone mode.

adidas81

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Whats weird is that I never got any cd's packaged with this phone to begin with. When I first plugged it into my pc, i got the windows 7 prompt about an install. When I choose yes to this, it tells me that I need to install motorola 4.6 drivers. I found 4.8 drivers on motorolas website, and installed Vcast manager. Everytime I plug the phone in, I get the prompt about installing 4.6 drivers..that is incredibly irritating. Is this standard procedure? Also, I do have mass storage mode enabled.

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
The phone doesn't come with a CD, the box is too small to even hold a regular sized one. I too get the Motorola prompt each time I connect to my work PC - the software is actually on the device it seems as there's a small Motorola partition that shows up when connected. I use Ubuntu Linux at home so unfortunately might not be so helpful stopping the annoying Windows Motorola pop up. At work I uninstalled the Motorola software but each time connected it pops up. Maybe you can try deleting the crap under the Motorola partition... it most likely will stop it. Actually, I bet it would. I can try at work tomorrow if you're worried about it. Then again, you could just copy the stuff to your Windows drive first before deleting so you can restore if necessary.

Rev.

adidas81

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, Rev.

I am curious what happens if that Motorola partition is deleted, but I think I'll just deal with that popup. As long as I choose no each time, all else that comes up is the verizon media manager which is simple enough, I suppose.

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Technically it shouldn't be a problem deleting the data on the partition. You don't need to delete the partition itself. And again, you could back it up first, it's smaller than like 15 megs. If you really want to be safe simply rename the executable extentions from .exe to .old. Then you can simply rename them to go back to normal. ;-)

Rev.

phantasmah

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I have my USB connection on my Droid2G set to "USB Mass Storage" and I got the same message on Windows XP/Vista, that it is looking for Motorola drivers to install. However, I skipped that step and then it proceeded to read the device as a removable hard drive, just the way I wanted it to.

So now I set Windows to not ever attempt to install the drivers again, and I never have any problems browsing thru my phone's storage folders. Therefore if all you want is to have your PC read your phone as a removable hard drive, simply set your OS to skip the driver installation process for that particular device.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20