Droid 2 BP7X Battery

Papadakis

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
If anyone believes the stock battery isn't up to the job I can't recommend the extended battery for the D2 any more highly. After power cycling through it a few times, this thing will last for dayS without needing to be charged. For example right now im at 80% battery after moderate use and my time since unplugged is 1d1hr. If you want to not have to worry about needing a charger all the time, get this battery. /thread

Reactions: cinnamin

ishore99

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Battery Door

Thanks for the feedback I've been debating on weather to buy this battery or not.

I did not get the battery door, but use a Sedieo Innocase Surface. I found two things, 1- it fits into the MM charger w/o removing the back. 2- I had read someplace that if I use this case, I don't have to use the back door and it works.

Reactions: cinnamin

MacHouse83

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I can definitely co-sign to this, I got the extended battery from Verizon when I picked up my D2G. With heavy use my battery will last a good 30 hours, with moderate use I get even more time. Mines came with a back and doesnt add anymore bulk to the phone... to those who dont have this battery yet you wont be disappointed with this purchase!!!

aweber1nj

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
+1 for the BP7X. It's almost a "must have".

It is just ever-so-slightly deeper than the stock battery and that's why you need a new door. But I concur with all above; it's truly barely noticeable to the point that someone not intimately familiar with the model wouldn't know it wasn't stock even on close examination.

I've had mine for about a month, and although if I use my D2G "lightly" I think I could last maybe 20+hrs, I don't think I could hit 30, especially with what I consider reasonable use (that's no GPS, no WiFi, no BT all day either). And I do not use ANY social networking sites/apps at all.

I use SetCPU to down-clock, and that helps, but I don't know how everyone gets these amazing battery durations.

-AJ

MacHouse83

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
If it didn't add any more bulk to the phone, then why did it even need a new back?

By no more bulk I assume you mean the external dimensions have remained unchanged?

Yes like said in the reply there is a small hump but it isnt deal breaking for the results you get. It's far better compared to the DInc extended battery lol!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995