File to sd card

acsteve

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
When I download something and want to save it, the file will save okay to my SD card, but does not ask me where to save it. The file just saves it to my SD card which I can find easy enough but I was wondering why I cannot direct the file to a specific folder.. Is that the way it is or am I missing something? If I sync up with my computer and look at the SD card, I don't see any folders except for a photo album backup I put on there. I have had this phone a little less than a week, it does seem like initially I did see other folders on the SD card. When I sync with my computer the folder hierarchy is not the same as when looking at the SD card on my phone only. No android folder etc.. I'm not sure why this is and I don't think that's the way it was when I first got it. Again, am I missing something? I have rooted my phone now, and have downloaded fission ROM manager light, and anticipate I will be downloading some ROMs and applying them soon. In getting my backups in order I noticed this problem with the SD card. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

Steve
Quick edit. Ok I put usb connection in the USB Mass storage, so thats good. Still though can I direct my save to a folder on my SD card? Thanks again..

Last edited:

maxiang

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
That's the way it is. Dolphin browser will let you set the default download folder, but not everytime you download something.