Droid 2 Global can't add new contact

Firedrake1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Any time i try to add a new contact i get the error: "Can not create a new contact without a valid account." The only way i can add is by creating the new contact under Google contacts and then syncing my phone. Anyone else had this issue?

Jalarm

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Is it a problem for you to just make them a Google account? Because if you just save them with google you will always have them.

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I have a dummy gmail account I never use but once I set that up I don't have any problems adding contacts at all. Not sure I understand the problem exactly.

But hey, if it's an issue you can always download a simple notepad app like AK Notepad and just jot down "bar numbers" there :)

Rev.

Firedrake1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the notepad idea. If it comes to that i will for sure use it. However, i think people got the wrong impression. I do have a Google account. The issue is despite having the Google account and having it linked to my handset i still cant just add contacts via the handset. If it turns out there is no fix i can live with it i suppose. I'm just wondering why even though a Google account is set up with it, it gives me this error.

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
When that's a different story then, that's just not normal. I unfortunately don't have an answer but maybe someone else can chime in. You definitely shouldn't be having that problem.

Rev.

Firedrake1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Yeah it's irritating to say the least. I feel like i have done everything i can think of. I'm guessing it may be a bug or a result of rooting. Though i haven't heard anyone else having the issue. Hopefully someone else dealt with this.

Firedrake1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Update: Annoyed, i went for broke and did a factory reset. This fixed my issue. Luckily thanks to Titanium Backup and bootstrap backup everything is back to exactly the way i want it to be. Thank goodness for backup apps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007