1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Corporate sync push still not working?

I am using stock software. The push email on corporate (Exchange) account is not working - issue reported by many others:

In fact, the only way to receive corporate email is to manually open the folder - then it'll begin downloading messages. Otherwise, it won't. Setting it on automatic scheduled fetch doesn't help either.

Rather than waiting on Motorola who's been dragging their feet, has anyone figured out a solution to this problem on their own? Do the third party email clients (K9, Touchdown) have similar issues with push email on these phones? I tried K9, but the problem is, I am not able to send anything out - it just gets stuck in my outbox folder and I don't know how to fix it.

Again, this is regarding Exchange email only. Gmail works fine.

I am slowly starting to regret exchanging my trusty BB 9650 for D2G...
    Robots Will Kill

Global Posts
    11,964 Global Posts

I use K9mail with no problem. Something is not set up right. Its hard to say without knowing your settings but maybe this Microsoft troubleshooting will help:
    Email will not send, goes to outbox
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Do you use K9mail with an Exchange servier account?

I use Touchdown for my Exchange Server account (with ActiveSync). It works great, pushes email, calendar, etc. Pretty flexible, good support and ActiveSync push is arguably as fast as BB's BES services.

IIRC, Touchdown has a 30day trial period (but might put a "Sent with Touchdown" in your signature), so you can still try it without worrying about that payment and the 15min normal trial period. It's a touch steep at $30 (I think), but when it comes to a fully functional, fast, reliable email client for business, that wasn't a concern in my book. (A game or something at $30 is a non-starter.)

I use K9 Mail for my IMAP account. I purposely want to keep my work and "home" email in separate clients, and I think each is better suited/tuned for those different technologies (though K9 will also work POP3, if you're interested).

-AJ
    Last edited by aweber1nj; 02-02-2011 at 09:43 AM. Reason: TD trial info

Quote Originally Posted by Pete7874 View Post
    I am using stock software. The push email on corporate (Exchange) account is not working - issue reported by many others:

In fact, the only way to receive corporate email is to manually open the folder - then it'll begin downloading messages. Otherwise, it won't. Setting it on automatic scheduled fetch doesn't help either.

Rather than waiting on Motorola who's been dragging their feet, has anyone figured out a solution to this problem on their own? Do the third party email clients (K9, Touchdown) have similar issues with push email on these phones? I tried K9, but the problem is, I am not able to send anything out - it just gets stuck in my outbox folder and I don't know how to fix it.

Again, this is regarding Exchange email only. Gmail works fine.

I am slowly starting to regret exchanging my trusty BB 9650 for D2G...

I have the same issue....when I open the folder I can only occasionally get some email though, not all.

I get my calendar fine though which is cool.

the issue is not the client. I have been dealing with intermittant push issues for weeks now. Same symptoms - sometimes push works, sometimes it doesnt. Sometimes emails will arrive an hour later or possibly not at all. If i manually sync, everything immediately shows up fine. I installed touchdown 2 weeks ago in an attempt to solve the problem and have had the exact same results as the stock exchange client. I've been working with the developer of TD for a few days to troubleshoot the problem and it looks like the device itself is dropping connections unexpectedly for some reason. He is attempting to put a workaround into TD but i dont know how successful its going to be. Hopefully moto gets to the bottom of this issue soon. It is quite annoying to say the least. Especially since i switched from a bb which obviously worked great. I just couldnt stand the device itself...

Quote Originally Posted by aweber1nj View Post
    IIRC, Touchdown has a 30day trial period (but might put a "Sent with Touchdown" in your signature), so you can still try it without worrying about that payment and the 15min normal trial period. It's a touch steep at $30 (I think), but when it comes to a fully functional, fast, reliable email client for business, that wasn't a concern in my book. (A game or something at $30 is a non-starter.)
    $20 actually, but yeah..30 day trial that include a fixed signature of 'Sent from my Android phone using TouchDown()'.

Well exchange is pushing perfectly now that I started running Liberty ROM 1.5....

never was reliable on stock.