Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now again

Default Screen wont shut off sometimes

I just installed the Droid 2 bootstrap and rom manager because I am thinking about running a custom rom and wanted to do a system backup. Now my screen won't always shut off. I have the timeout settings set for 30 seconds. Any ideas because this one has me stumped. I am running stock Motorola os.

I have seen this one mine sometimes. Normally when I plug it in it will stay on. Bug?

Global Posts
    187 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by John Yester View Post
    I have seen this one mine sometimes. Normally when I plug it in it will stay on. Bug?
    If you're using the stock ROM and it is only staying on when plugged in, check to make sure the following didn't get checked:

Settings/Applications/Development/Stay awake
    Rgds/Mark M.

ROM
    4.0.3 ICS Leak

Thanks mmeltser for that tip, I was wondering how to get my screen to go in sleep mode while charging for the longest.
    All Google.

Quote Originally Posted by mmeltser View Post
    If you're using the stock ROM and it is only staying on when plugged in, check to make sure the following didn't get checked:

Settings/Applications/Development/Stay awake

Nope I checked that the other night. Seems to always happen in the car when plugged in, not in my car docking station. But I will look over every once in a while and see the screen is lit up.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now again

Mine happens when it is not plugged in that is my problem. Big battery drain.

Fixed this issue on my Evo. Go to settings / applications / manage applications. Clicking the "running" tab. Close any apps that may be using data services. For me, it's usually ebay or doubletwist.