Factory Reset, need some help!

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Hi Guys, so I need all the help I can get before restoring my phone to Factory default settings. First off, my phone is constantly freezing and rebooting on its own, which is one reason why I need to reset my phone.

So, what would be your process of backing everything up? I know that my sd card will save my pictures and music. Is there a way to back up all my apps with my custom settings made to them? Or will I have to reinstall each app again? I don't mind redoing my email settings, I know that cant be backed up. I am going to take screenshots of all my slides to remember where I put everything.

Any advice I can get will be helpful! Thank you!

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I am not rooted, I actually backed my apps up with astro file manager, but realized once I reset to the Factory default that the market automatically starting downloading all of my apps! no backup necessary, I did hear this in another forum that if you have froyo that it automatically retrieves everything.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
I am not rooted, I actually backed my apps up with astro file manager, but realized once I reset to the Factory default that the market automatically starting downloading all of my apps! no backup necessary, I did hear this in another forum that if you have froyo that it automatically retrieves everything.

Its actually backed up by your Google account, not Froyo. Only purchased apps though. MyBackup Pro would have backed up all apps and there settings.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
All of my apps, purchased and not purchased were backed up, somehow, I do not know. Once I opened the market app, all of my apps started to redownload as if it saved them

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
It has nothing to do with what version of Android you're running. Your apps are backed up to the Google account you use to set up your phone with.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
All of my apps, purchased and not purchased were backed up, somehow, I do not know. Once I opened the market app, all of my apps started to redownload as if it saved them

Got to love google's cloud! I am glad you didn't wipe davlik! Then astro would have came in real handy:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech