| || |
Another "Got My Phone Wet" Story
My phone drank my 12 oz latte. It was in a case, but no screen protector. I took the advice of others on here and pulled the battery and dropped the phone in a bag of rice. I didn't see any moisture because I snatched the phone up so fast and dismembered it. Upon closer inspection, I did see some vapor in the lens of the camera. When I put it all back together (I know, I should have let it sit for longer), it booted up, then gave the black screen-plug-in-usb-cable-battery-ok message. Took it in to a Verizon retail store and they said it lost all the programming and would have to go to a corporate store. The rep also told me to not tell about the latte. Are you kidding me?! I believe in karma and would never lie about something about that. Bagged it up again and today, it's working perfectly. Two questions: while I'm not using it, should I keep it in the rice for a couple more days, and 2: when can I exhale? I don't want a problem child on my hands.
Thanks. When I told my friends about this, they asked me when I'm going to get the iPhone. Pffffft. Fine phone, but I like my tough little D2.