Droid 2 Global screen timeout

angmeyer

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
The screen on my Droid 2 Global times out randomly. It happens all the time when I am in the middle of something. The screen just goes black. I have to hit the power button to bring it back, then unlock it.
The guy at the Verizon store told me it was the sensor in the upper left corner of the phone, so he disabled that.
Now my phone still randomly times out and I'm accidentally hitting buttons with my cheek when on the phone because my screen doesn't lock when I answer/dial a call.

angmeyer

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
The backlight timer is set to 5 minutes, and correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the timer only supposed to start on the backlight during inactivity?
My phone will time out, literally, in the middle of my typing an email or playing a game.
I went back to Verizon yesterday, and they told me this is a known issue with all Droid phones (not just Motorola, but all brands). Can anyone verify that?

corydunbar

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
i've never had any of my android phones turn the screens off in the middle of use unless i set the timer to 5 secs and get distracted from what i was doing.

sshotick

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
my wife's Droid 2 Global was having the same issue and starting to drive her nuts...thanks for the tip about the in-pocket protection, ill have her do that and see if that helps

Sam

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781