Droid 2 Constantly rebooting

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I have had multiple problems with my Droid 2 freezing and rebooting all the time. Verizon sent me a "certified like new" Droid 2 without a battery and I still had the same problem. It must have rebooted like 5 times in 10 minutes. I took it back to the verizon store and they replaced the battery. Not five minutes after I left the store did it reboot itself again and then again later on that evening. Is this a known issue? Any resolutions!?! or do I need to just have them replace my phone AGAIN. (I apologize if this is a duplicate thread however I did not see it in a search beforehand)

Thanks a million all!

dk21

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Did you install any apps before this started happening? If so, you might try uninstalling. It is certainly possible that you got another bad phone, but pretty unlikely.

Reactions: Shortyflirt247

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
ive had the same issue with my first three d2s got my most recent one once i got rid of blur its been reboot free dont know if they changed your battery and phone you may need to try another one

Reactions: Shortyflirt247
Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I have a couple apps on the new phone. I havent had a chance to add most of my others back to the replacement phone yet. I have had all of them on my original phone for a whiles so I dont think that its an application problem. Thank you for your input guys! Any and all suggestions before I result to getting a new phone. I love my droid 2 but dont have the time for it to keep messing up on me!

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
ive had the same issue with my first three d2s got my most recent one once i got rid of blur its been reboot free dont know if they changed your battery and phone you may need to try another one

Thanks! I am currently on my second phone and second battery. I guess I need to call Verizon and see what they suggest. So frustrating! I work 3 jobs and dont have the time to deal with all this! LOL Such is life!

Thanks again all!

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Just curious, are you using a third party home launcher like launcherpro or adw?

Nope! In fact I have no idea what that is. ha ha

They have replaced my phone once already. I havent had any problems in the past day but it did reboot itself a bunch on the new phone. Then they gave me a new battery. It has rebooted itself twice since then and thats it. Not sure what to do. Thanks for the idea though!

Beezzy

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I've been having the same issues with mine. I don't want to get another DROID2 if it's just gonna do the same thing.

anon(4742824)

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I initially installed launcher pro and after a couple of weeks, my phone started to freeze and rebooted once or twice. I uninstalled launcher pro and it hasn't done it since. Keeping my fingers crossed. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781