Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Droid 2 Constantly rebooting

I have had multiple problems with my Droid 2 freezing and rebooting all the time. Verizon sent me a "certified like new" Droid 2 without a battery and I still had the same problem. It must have rebooted like 5 times in 10 minutes. I took it back to the verizon store and they replaced the battery. Not five minutes after I left the store did it reboot itself again and then again later on that evening. Is this a known issue? Any resolutions!?! or do I need to just have them replace my phone AGAIN. (I apologize if this is a duplicate thread however I did not see it in a search beforehand)

Thanks a million all!

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts

Did you install any apps before this started happening? If so, you might try uninstalling. It is certainly possible that you got another bad phone, but pretty unlikely.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    None

Sounds like maybe the contacts that use the battery for power may be bad. You may have to get a replacement phone
    Back to Big Red. Sprint was tooooo slow
    Click my Twitter | Galaxy Note 2
    Thanked by:
    phone addict

Global Posts
    3,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

ive had the same issue with my first three d2s got my most recent one once i got rid of blur its been reboot free dont know if they changed your battery and phone you may need to try another one
    Loving this Oneplus one!!
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I have a couple apps on the new phone. I havent had a chance to add most of my others back to the replacement phone yet. I have had all of them on my original phone for a whiles so I dont think that its an application problem. Thank you for your input guys! Any and all suggestions before I result to getting a new phone. I love my droid 2 but dont have the time for it to keep messing up on me!
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by thebizz View Post
    ive had the same issue with my first three d2s got my most recent one once i got rid of blur its been reboot free dont know if they changed your battery and phone you may need to try another one
    Thanks! I am currently on my second phone and second battery. I guess I need to call Verizon and see what they suggest. So frustrating! I work 3 jobs and dont have the time to deal with all this! LOL Such is life!

Thanks again all!

Just curious, are you using a third party home launcher like launcherpro or adw?
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts

i had the same issue, verizon replaced it no issues.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by deadlybatman View Post
    Just curious, are you using a third party home launcher like launcherpro or adw?
    Nope! In fact I have no idea what that is. ha ha

They have replaced my phone once already. I havent had any problems in the past day but it did reboot itself a bunch on the new phone. Then they gave me a new battery. It has rebooted itself twice since then and thats it. Not sure what to do. Thanks for the idea though!
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Dave im on my second phone. How many times did they have to replace yours?

Global Posts
    846 Global Posts

I've been having the same issues with mine. I don't want to get another DROID2 if it's just gonna do the same thing.

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

I initially installed launcher pro and after a couple of weeks, my phone started to freeze and rebooted once or twice. I uninstalled launcher pro and it hasn't done it since. Keeping my fingers crossed.