Almost Rebooting Issue

coolbreeze

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I've read over some of the random reboot threads here, and wanted to tell my story.

My wife and I both have Droid 2's we got in December. I've noticed something with both phones. Sometimes, completely randomly, when I've gone to press the button on top to turn on the screen the phone won't wake up. I pressed it a couple of times, nothing happened. Held it down like I was powering it up, and finally it went to the Droid laser eye logo, like it was restarting. However it did not completely restart. It never showed the Moto logo or the "DROID" it normally does from a complete restart.

I even checked Settings>about phone>status and the up time never reset. The phone never shut off all the way. The same thing with my wife's phone when it has happened to her. I've already done a hard reset on mine, and it did not fix the problem. VZW is sending me replacements for both of them, but I don't think it?s a hardware issue, and I really don't want a REFURB to replace my new phones if it is a software issue.

The only other thing I can think of is deleting and testing apps but it happens so randomly I'm not sure how useful that could be. Any suggestions?

gumshoe351#AC

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Mine does the same thing a couple of times a week. I found though that each time it has done this, when it powers back on I have an app update notification from the Market in the notification bar. I dont know if thats the cause or just a coincidence. Other than that, the D2 rocks.

dk21

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
This happens to me on occasion, though I've found that powering the phone off and back on once or twice a week prevents the problem.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01