Issue with Market installation error (-18).

thex02

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I've found other fixes that people have posted to this problem, but none of them have seemed to work for me. I say "seemed to" because one such fix, which seems to be the most popular, involves moving all my data from my SD card, and I don't think that's necessary in my case because all of the apps I've installed onto my Droid 2 has been into the internal memory so far.

Anyway, I've tried downloading and installing the Dexter music soundboard several times already, and I keep getting this error issue (-18). I've deleted the cache in the Market, and also the data; and I've tried cancelling the download as it's downloading, and then starting it up again, and nothing has worked.

The download finishes nicely, but the installation is where it fails; and if this were the only issue, I'd be okay with not having the Dexter soundboard, but it's started to happen on other apps as well.

Can anyone assist me in this problem?

Many thanks.

corydunbar

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
refresh me again on what the error says exactly as it appears. (exactly as you see it on your device)

I had this problem on my DX and i was able to fix it easily

I can tell you that your solution is going to be to connect to your PC as a mass storage device. then open the android_secure folder and delete a specific file. But i cant remember which one. And i cant help you without the exact message you received.

Update The file you need to delete is "smdl2tmp1.asec"

installation error unknown reason-18

Last edited:
Reactions: thex02

thex02

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
@ Cory

Thanks for the information! The exact message was found in the forum post you linked me to: "installation error unknown reason-18." But since you're the one who linked me to that, I doubt you need the exact message anymore, heh.

Thanks again! I'll try it now. Much obliged.

Edit: IT WORKED! Huzzah. Thanks, thanks! I'm very happy.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos