FRUSTRATED syncing music/photos

tarapep

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
HELP! I switched from Blackberry to Droid 2 a few months ago....the items on my SD card came over when I put the card from BB to the Droid phone, but now I want to put on more music from my iMAC desktop and save my pictures from my phone back to the desktop. Tried this Doubletwist thing, but apparently my operating system (10.4.11) will not support it. I am SUPER technologically challenged and have spent all night just trying to get some more music to my phone but can't seem to do it....should i have just waited for the iphone? HELP (but be specific, as I mentioned, i am not real good at this)! THANkS:'(

corydunbar

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
It really is just as simple as putting your music on your micro SD card and android will take care of everything else. Unfortunately for you, i'm not a Mac guy. So i'm not real sure of how you can get those files to your sd card if doubletwist doesn't work. Are your songs itunes format (.AAC) or are they .MP3? If they are .AAC you'll need a program like tunebite to convert them if doubletwist doesnt work.

darrylmendo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
It's a simple drag and drop. All you do is plug your phone into the computer, select pc mode on your phone, an icon will of an external hard drive appear on your desktop, open it, and drag your music files into the music folder. Done :)

HMBgal

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
HELP! I switched from Blackberry to Droid 2 a few months ago....the items on my SD card came over when I put the card from BB to the Droid phone, but now I want to put on more music from my iMAC desktop and save my pictures from my phone back to the desktop. Tried this Doubletwist thing, but apparently my operating system (10.4.11) will not support it. I am SUPER technologically challenged and have spent all night just trying to get some more music to my phone but can't seem to do it....should i have just waited for the iphone? HELP (but be specific, as I mentioned, i am not real good at this)! THANkS:'(

I, too, switched from BB to D2, and use Macs. I found the iSyncr for Mac from the Android Market just stupid easy to use. It literally takes your playlists and moves 'em over out of iTunes in a couple of easy steps. The tutorial is easy to follow, and very few steps. If I can do it, anyone can, and if my daughter managed to do it, your houseplants could figure it out (very smart girl, but not so computer savvy, in her defense).

tarapep

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
ok, I tried the "drop and drag".....only problem is....no place to drag it....my phone will not show up as plugged into my computer....it says it is invalid. So, now on to isyncr.....will do that after dinner and report back. Thanks!

corydunbar

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
have you tried taking your micro sd card out and inserting it directly into your comp using and adapter? or do MACs not read the format of the card?

blaisedinsd

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Assuming your music is in itunes.

If you see it itunes right click and select the option to show in finder. This opens a window of the actual music files you want to copy. Copy them from here, not from itunes.

Connect your droid 2 with your usb. In your notification bar (on your plugged in phone, what you drag open from the top of the screen) select the usb and choose mass storage mode( not pc mode)

In mass storage mode your mac will see the phones memory card as a drive.

All you have to do is copy your music from your mac toyour phone.....cut and paste, drag and drop or whatever you prefer to move files.

Reactions: corydunbar

corydunbar

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
blaisedinsd's method is the method you should have tried first, I thought you already tried this, as this is the most standard method for getting files onto your device at the moment. Until Android 2.3 and Google music go live.

tarapep

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
AWESOME.......it worked! THANK you all so much! I am sure this will not be the first question I have, but now I know where to go for help! Thank you again blaisedinsd! Thanks to everyone for the tips!