1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    245 Global Posts

Default droid 2 and droid 2 global

Hi all....I am new to the Droid 2 global....is there any differences besides the obvious with these devices and will the d2 global receive updates like gingerbread just like the Droid 2... I am asking because there's no specific forum for the global. Thanks. I went with the global because of the 1.2 processor...they replaced my dinc with this one

ROM
    AOSP by preferance

I'd wait and search the forums before attempting to force the new gingerbread build onto the droid 2 global. But it will definitely be receiving the same official OTAs as the Droid X and Droid 2
    Blackberry Storm 9530 (1 year)>
    Motorola Droid [Rooted] (Froyo 2.2 --> 1Ghz ultra low voltage) (8 months)>
    Motorola Droid X [Rooted] (Fission v2.6.1 --> 1Ghz--> low voltage)(10 months)>
    HTC Droid Eris [Rooted] (CM 7) (risky outdoors device)(current)>
    HTC Droid Incredible [Rooted] (CM 7)[Bad ESN <craigslist scam>](just a tablet now)>
    Motorola Droid 2 [Rooted] (GingerBread v2.3.3 Blur v4.5.153 --> 1Ghz) (Current)[/FONT]

Next device: Samsung Galaxy S II

D2 ROMS won't work on a D2G, they're quite different devices from what I have gathered in the xda-developers forum.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    245 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by potatoho View Post
    D2 ROMS won't work on a D2G, they're quite different devices from what I have gathered in the xda-developers forum.
    Is it fair to say that the d2g is a better phone and is it slated to get g bread

Quote Originally Posted by md17 View Post
    Is it fair to say that the d2g is a better phone and is it slated to get g bread
    D2G is better, for some. Though I specifically chose the D2 because the specs show an extra hour of talk-time and the xda-developers community was more active. I run a few custom ROMs on occasion and I don't need the world phone capability.

Yes it will get gingerbread, I can't imagine otherwise. The D2G is basically a replacement (though not directly OS compatible) for the D2 since they don't really market the D2 any longer. I think it is the radio stuff mostly which makes it use a different ROM.

ROM
    Gingerblur (Stock w/root)

there is a way to get droid 2 ROMs and Themes onto the global, like liberty ect.