Anyone know when official release of gingerbread will be out on verizon??

entourage133

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
After watching the gingerbread video for the droid x, I can't wait to get it on my droid2. I seen that there was a version released through a website but we had to load it on our phones (not ota). Iv never really messed around with rooting or loading things onto my d2 through a computer. I am though getting tired of waiting for an official relase which was was hoping it would be last week. Should I just download it and load it through the bootloader or something like that? How would I go about doing it? Or should I just wait for the official verizon release?

If I load gingerbreak myself though the computer when verizon does release its verson will I be able to update to that version or would it give me an error? Kind of like when the phone is rooted...(I heard that rooted phones sometimes can't update to official versions)

Technified

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Personally, I would wait. Like you I chose not to root my phone either.

But if you are really tired of waiting I'm sure someone on here will provide you with a link on how to do it.

Good Luck.

corydunbar

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
when you load the leaked version of gingerbread onto your device you will no longer receive updates from verizon. There is a way to go back called SBFing your device with a .SBF (System boot file). So thats not really an issue.

I recommend you thoroughly study these before you start altering your device. Learn this now so you don't have to worry about later if something happens.
Rooting your Droid 2
Making a backup (just in case)
Putting gingerbread 2.3.3 rooted on your device
I'm gonna do a step by step walkthrough on how to SBF real shortly

Steps to get Gingerbread on your Droid 2 from stock:
1) root your stock phone
2) bootstrap your device
3) create a backup
4) backup your apps with titanium backup (if you'd like)
5) flash the Pre-rooted gingerbread file

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
livinlavidaloca