droid newbie help wsod

phillyphreak

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
I am stuck. I have been looking all around and can't figure out what to do. I rooted my droid 2 and tried to install gingerbread leak and after my rebooted my phone, after I unlock it with pattern lock all I get is a white screen. I can access the pull down curtin from the top but thats it. Nothing else works. I have a pc and need help!!!!!!!

phillyphreak

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
how do I erase data? I can access anything on my phone by double tapping home and voice command comes up lol. What can I do to restore my phone to stock so I can try again?

potatoho

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
A similar thing occurred to mine when I upgraded. I was able to sneak around and ultimately reach the settings to erase the data which was messing it up. I think the data can also be erased via one of the keyboard power on combos.

corydunbar

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
I was able to sneak around and ultimately reach the settings to erase the data which was messing it up.

Here is one way if anybody wanted to know:
If you hold the search button it will launch voice command. which i believe you can launch settings from. I use vlingo, and it allows you to launch settings through voice. If it doesn't you could always say "vlingo" in the stock voice controls. it will search google and provide you the option to view it in the android market. Then download it and long press the search button again and select vlingo. Then say "settings."