Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Talking Want to get rid of verizon blottware on Driod 2

Lookin for some help.
    Want to get rid of vz blottware on my droid 2.
    I think that means i need to root it?
    Is there a way to root the phone, uninstall the stuff i want, and then unroot it??
    I will need step by step help.
    If anyone knows please help.
    Thanks

ROM
    CM9,Tablet Mode,Nova

First you'll want to ask yourself why you want to remove it. Bloatware is annoying, but it doesn't really slow things down. I've got enough apps that they make a small percentage of the icons in the list - and folders on home pages is a much better way to organize things anyway. And if you've managed to fill up the app space on your D2 I salute you.

Why not remove it? Because you won't get VZW OS updates if you do it wrong. Your best bet is probably Titanium Backup, it can "freeze" the bloatware apps and let you restore them for the next OTA SW upgrade. Personally I'd wait a few weeks, with any luck the D2 Gingerbread update will be coming along soon.

If you decide to go into custom ROMs and leaked software you'll be in much better shape to remove stuff.
    Galaxy Nexus (VZW)
    Motorola Droid X (WiFi)/Motorola Droid 2 Global (VZW)
    Motorola 9505A (Iridium)/HP Zeen (WiFi)

Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock rooted

Z4 root has a temporary root, permanent root, and unroot option. Definitely the easiest way to root the D2. Like above posted the best way to get rid of Bloatware is to Freeze the apps with the paid version of Titanium Backup. That way all you'll have to do is unfreeze them when it's time to load an update from VZW.