Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    245 Global Posts

Default so whats the deal...does d2g getupdates when d2 does

...or is it a different deal

ROM
    AOSP by preferance

there haven't been any D2 or D2G updates since their releases that are to any serious significance. So it really cant be known yet. The devices are quite similar so the ROMs aren't that different. But they are different enough to specify them as different updates to different devices. So i would expect to see the D2G updates roll out about 2-3 weeks after the D2. I only assume the D2 gets it first because of how similar the ROMs are to the Droid X.
    Blackberry Storm 9530 (1 year)>
    Motorola Droid [Rooted] (Froyo 2.2 --> 1Ghz ultra low voltage) (8 months)>
    Motorola Droid X [Rooted] (Fission v2.6.1 --> 1Ghz--> low voltage)(10 months)>
    HTC Droid Eris [Rooted] (CM 7) (risky outdoors device)(current)>
    HTC Droid Incredible [Rooted] (CM 7)[Bad ESN <craigslist scam>](just a tablet now)>
    Motorola Droid 2 [Rooted] (GingerBread v2.3.3 Blur v4.5.153 --> 1Ghz) (Current)[/FONT]

Next device: Samsung Galaxy S II

I second that: D2 first, followed by D2G. The hardware in the D2G requires a different ROM so it can deal with SIM cards and GSM calling--which the D2 never has to face. Rumors have the D2 getting 2.3 "soon", which HOPEFULLY means the D2G may get an update...by Christmas.