Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts

Default Re: Droid 2 Keyboard freezing

I went to settings/application /manage applications /all tab scroll down to the keyboard app, I cleared the Cache of the keyboard and it fixed the problem.

Global Posts
    996 Global Posts

The solution above worked! I was having keyboard freeze problems, especially in my work e-mail account, after I typed the word "the", so this was kind of a major problem. It's solved now though!

Im not running on gingerbread Idk how to get it but my keyboard and keypad will freeze I can't use any form of ending punctuation or all freezes and im left with the keypad up at all times any help would be grand they're sending out replacement number 2 for this issue I have driod2 golbal

THANK YOU!!!!!! I had this problem in November and took it to Best Buy to have them repair the problem. They gave me a refurbished phone and yesterday the SAME thing happened. Done with Best Buy, I did a search here to see if anyone else was having the same problem with their Droid 2, and thank goodness someone figured out how to REPAIR the issue! Thank you!! Thank you!!

I have to do this every so often myself...I notice when my cache hits 265k, thats when the issue pops up....Its only happened since the Gingerbread update I received back in October I believe. Its not a big issue but I hope a patch is forthcoming...

Glad I found this thread, my daughter was having issues with her phone for months and I was ready to buy a new one, cleared the keyboard and everything is fine now.

Thanks to all that posted the suggestion and indicated success.

I am running Gingerbread on a Droid 2 and have tried the fix suggested in this thread by all of you, but the phone is still acting the same. Are there any other ideas on how to fix this?

When you do this:

Go into your SETTINGS and then into APPLICATIONS then MANAGE APPLICATIONS tap the ALL tab and scroll down and tap MULTI-TOUCH KEYBOARD and the CLEAR DATA

Do you lose anything else like pics/videos? Or anything other than the words saved in dictionary? Thx!!

ROM
    Jelly Bean/ Thors ICS

Quote Originally Posted by caw729 View Post
    When you do this:

Go into your SETTINGS and then into APPLICATIONS then MANAGE APPLICATIONS tap the ALL tab and scroll down and tap MULTI-TOUCH KEYBOARD and the CLEAR DATA

Do you lose anything else like pics/videos? Or anything other than the words saved in dictionary? Thx!!

No, it only clears things pertaining to the keyboard.
    Thanked by:
    caw729 

Hello,

I just registered to say thank you for this fix. It was really bugging me!

Sincerely,

Jim

Thx scarryman04! Do you know if I will lose all my txt messages???.....never mind I just did it & I still have all my txt!!!
    Last edited by caw729; 01-03-2012 at 01:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandito77 View Post
    If you have updated to the System Version 4.5.601 and Android Version 2.3.3(Setting/About Phone) it is now "Settings/Application/Manage Applications/All tab/Multi-touch keyboard/Clear data" I did this and it seems to have fixed the problem. I just hope its a permanent fix. Hope this helps!

-Bandito
    Sweet! My phone had been doing this for the past few days...extremely annoying.

This worked like a charm. Easy fix.

Thanks!

I also joined the forum just to say thanks!

Thanks for the quick & easy fix

Talking Re: Droid 2 Keyboard freezing

Thanks for the info!!!

This also worked on my wife's Droid Pro!

Worked for me too!!! Great...thought I was going to have to do a factory reset.

Wow... I just tried the recommended solution- going to Settings/Applications/Manage/All tab, and there is no Keyboard selection. There is a MESSAGING selection, an Android System selection, and a SWYPE selection. Anyone else with this situation? Thanks!

I'm having same issue & under multi-keyboard the cashe is gray'd out so I can't clear it! Can anyone help me out?

Bought phone in HK a month ago as it looked same as old Samsung 2 from Europe which I lost on trip

this one has started to get slow and now I type a couple of words into SMS or email or Whatsup and it freezes..i use swipe

Samsung Active 2 keyboard frozen...have tried clearing data...(i don't have multi touch keyboard, so i tried same with "Samsung keypad")
    Model GT 19070
    Android 2.3.6
    Gingerbread??

I've tried removing some apps in case its a memory problem..

this phone is close to going in the bin..

any ideas??
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12