Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 44
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Droid 2 Keyboard freezing

    I have a Droid 2 with gingerbread flashed.
    Running Launcher Pro Plus edition.

    Using the stock text messaging app, the keyboard freezes up. It's the weirdest thing because it just started a few days ago. The touch keyboard and the physical keyboard both suffer from this problem. The on-screen text suggestions just disappears, I can't type anything, and I have to hit the home button and re-enter the text messaging app to be able to text again. I can barely get a word out before this happens. The other weird symptom is that when I hit the home button, the browser button on the Launcher Pro dock is highlighted.

    Anyone else having these issues?
  2. #2  

    Default

    Don't know about the keyboard issue, but the highlighted launcher icon is because when the keyboard is open, you can move between apps with the arrow keys and open them with the enter key. If you're asking why the launcher icon is the one highlighted, then I can't help. But that highlighted icon thing mystified me, too, for a while, especially because an icon will often stay highlighted even after I close the keyboard.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default

    Thanks for clarifying that haha. It was driving me up a wall.

    I seemed to have figured out the keyboard issue. I just had to disable the auto correct features. I left auto-capitalize and auto-punctuate activated, but the issue seems to have come from the auto-replace function.
  4. #4  
    abreeden's Avatar

    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

    Default

    this is happening to me now anytime i send a text message. i'll get about 15 characters in, and it just freezes. then after about ten seconds the text window closes, and i'm left back at my main mailbox. this just started like 3-4 days ago and is becoming very annoying. running the leaked gingerbread 2.3.3 (non rooted) and have had zero trouble till now. it seems (to me) to be happening after hitting space. i can type my message out completely without spaces, and then go back and put them in as a work around, but thats really a P-I-T-A
  5. #5  
    abreeden's Avatar

    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thisisthefallen View Post
    I have a Droid 2 with gingerbread flashed.
    Running Launcher Pro Plus edition.

    Using the stock text messaging app, the keyboard freezes up. It's the weirdest thing because it just started a few days ago. The touch keyboard and the physical keyboard both suffer from this problem. The on-screen text suggestions just disappears, I can't type anything, and I have to hit the home button and re-enter the text messaging app to be able to text again. I can barely get a word out before this happens. The other weird symptom is that when I hit the home button, the browser button on the Launcher Pro dock is highlighted.

    Anyone else having these issues?
    im having this issue but not running Launcher Pro. i also have the highlighted app when i hit home, but mine is on Market. This is so strange, because its came right out of the blue
  6. #6  
    abreeden's Avatar

    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

    Default

    i found a quick work around for this. switch it to Swipe for the Input Method. it will tell you (on the leaked gingerbread) that it wont work on your phone because its for another device. do it anyway. now you can use any of the keyboards without this bug. i can type full messages now. hope this helps
    Thanked by:
    cdrigby likes this.
  7. #7  

    Default

    anyone else having issues with Swype on Droid 2…just started today and it is very frustrating. try and swype like normal and it inputs letters that are not even near what i was typing, same with numbers. I have force shut it, turned my phone off and on and still no solution…I was running z4root but unrooted. also having problems with selecting icons on the home screens, I press one app and it opens another app
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Droid 2 Keyboard freezing

    Quote Originally Posted by thisisthefallen View Post
    I have a Droid 2 with gingerbread flashed.
    Running Launcher Pro Plus edition.

    Using the stock text messaging app, the keyboard freezes up. It's the weirdest thing because it just started a few days ago. The touch keyboard and the physical keyboard both suffer from this problem. The on-screen text suggestions just disappears, I can't type anything, and I have to hit the home button and re-enter the text messaging app to be able to text again. I can barely get a word out before this happens. The other weird symptom is that when I hit the home button, the browser button on the Launcher Pro dock is highlighted.

    Anyone else having these issues?
    Go to settings/application /manage applications /all tab scroll down to the keyboard app, and you can reset the keyboard. You might lose saved words in the dictionary.
    Thanked by 3:
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Droid 2 Keyboard freezing

    This works, i just did it, was having the same problems.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Droid 2 Keyboard freezing

    Quote Originally Posted by chopperjohn52 View Post
    Go to settings/application /manage applications /all tab scroll down to the keyboard app, and you can reset the keyboard. You might lose saved words in the dictionary.
    THIS TOTALLY FIXES IT EVERYONE!!

    I just did a search and found this!

    Thought my cell was crapping out or it was the texting app (handcent). Tried with regular one...froze. Then went on browser...froze so I got online..found this. Clear Virtual keyboard memory/cache and BAM PROBLEM SOLVED! Guess we have too many new words saved and it freezes!
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Droid 2 Keyboard freezing

    I tried the "Go to settings/application /manage applications /all tab scroll down to the keyboard app" and there's no keyboard app in that location on my phone. Could it be anywhere else.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Droid 2 Keyboard freezing

    Quote Originally Posted by cephas486 View Post
    I tried the "Go to settings/application /manage applications /all tab scroll down to the keyboard app" and there's no keyboard app in that location on my phone. Could it be anywhere else.
    If you have updated to the System Version 4.5.601 and Android Version 2.3.3(Setting/About Phone) it is now "Settings/Application/Manage Applications/All tab/Multi-touch keyboard/Clear data" I did this and it seems to have fixed the problem. I just hope its a permanent fix. Hope this helps!

    -Bandito
    Thanked by:
    apaeurope likes this.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Droid 2 Keyboard freezing

    THANKS!!!! This started happening to me 3 days ago and I was ready to through my phone against the wall!!! I had tried everything...uninstalled programs, virus scan, etc!! It was happening in texting, email and trillian....I cleared the data on the multi-touch keyboard app like suggested...works perfectly!! And it didn't deleted my dictionary!! Thanks!
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Droid 2 Keyboard freezing

    Thanks everyone, this was really starting to get on my nerves and worked like a charm!
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Droid 2 Keyboard freezing

    Quote Originally Posted by Eval95 View Post
    THIS TOTALLY FIXES IT EVERYONE!!

    I just did a search and found this!

    Thought my cell was crapping out or it was the texting app (handcent). Tried with regular one...froze. Then went on browser...froze so I got online..found this. Clear Virtual keyboard memory/cache and BAM PROBLEM SOLVED! Guess we have too many new words saved and it freezes!
    I was so frustrated the past 2 days with my text messaging freezing and closing out. Just tried to reset the keyboard- wasn't exactly sure what I was doing as I have the R2D2 Droid and the names of things are a touch different- but it definitely seemed to fix the issue. Just texted for the first time today without it freezing and closing! THANK YOUUUUU!!!!!
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Droid 2 Keyboard freezing

    I registered for this forum simply to post this: THANK YOU SO MUCH for finding a solution to this. I reset the keyboard data as suggested and everything has been working smoothly since then. I was going insane having to return to the home screen and reenter my texts every few characters! So once again: thanks a lot!!!
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Droid 2 Keyboard freezing

    You are all very welcome! I know how annoying it is. I was ready to throw my phone off my 3rd story balcony because of this. I noticed it reoccurred once, about a month later. I believe it was because I exited to the home screen(using the back button) mid-text. When I went back to the text it started happening again. I had to reset my phone and clear the keyboard cache again. I would avoid exiting a text message(mid-text) like I did.

    -Bandito
    Thanked by:
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Droid 2 Keyboard freezing

    I as well signed up to this forum just to thank you for the solution. Clearing the keyboard app data in applications solved my problem. I would be in mid-text and suddeny it would freeze, then ten seconds later, it would exit to the main desktop. Very annoying. I was ready to do a factory reset on the phone and I am glad I read this first!! Thank you so much, a life saver.
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Droid 2 Keyboard freezing

    I also joined this forum to say thank you. This issue JUST started about three days ago and it's been driving me crazy! I'd had a few other issues since the upgrade but those were solved by doing a full cache clear on the phone so I was annoyed when this issue came up. I'm glad I found this forum, I'm hoping the fix lasts!! Thanks again.
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Droid 2 Keyboard freezing

    Thank you!!! I signed up on this site just to say thank you! My keyboard has been frozen for 2 weeks, it has been taking me 5 mins average to reply to an email or txt from my phone. This fixed my problem!!! Really aprecaite it

    Lisa
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Droid 2 Keyboard freezing

    I am having the same problem. Just started yesterday and its driving me nuts. It seems like the trigger is the space key and it happens in text and email both on screen and keyboard. calendar functions work but just tried to add THIS new id and pssd into notes and froze up ...help!
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Droid 2 Keyboard freezing

    I have been having the issue the last 2 days. I turned off some settings in the keyboard (auto correct) and it seems to work so far.
  23. #23  
    Sam K's Avatar

    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts

    Default Re: Droid 2 Keyboard freezing

    Quote Originally Posted by chopperjohn52 View Post
    Go to settings/application /manage applications /all tab scroll down to the keyboard app, and you can reset the keyboard. You might lose saved words in the dictionary.
    When you say "reset" the keyboard app under manage applications, do you mean "clear data" and "clear cache" or do you mean "force close"? Thanks in advance.

    My friend is having the same problem on his Droid 2 Global and he's gotten 2 replacements from Verizon to fix the problem and it keeps happening on every replacement and he's getting frustrated.
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Droid 2 Keyboard freezing

    clear data
    Motorola Droid2
  25. #25  

    Default Re: Droid 2 Keyboard freezing

    OMG! I threw my phone on the floor I was so mad. I couldnt figure it out either but I just(about 5 mins ago) cleared the data for the Mulit-touch Keyboard and it is working fine now. Go into your SETTINGS and then into APPLICATIONS then MANAGE APPLICATIONS tap the ALL tab and scroll down and tap MULTI-TOUCH KEYBOARD and the CLEAR DATA and the box is going to ask you if you want to clear and blah blah and hit YES and it should work! Good Luck to you because my next move was going to be throwing this thing at the wall!
    apaeurope likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

B