Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Hello! Moto test message?

Anybody get a weird message this morning? I had a notification that when tapped pulled up a window with nothing in it really, but it said Hello! Moto and something about a test complete. Anybody know what this is/was? Running the prerooted GB leak.

Quote Originally Posted by harrisondisc View Post
    Anybody get a weird message this morning? I had a notification that when tapped pulled up a window with nothing in it really, but it said Hello! Moto and something about a test complete. Anybody know what this is/was? Running the prerooted GB leak.
    I also received this message. My suspicion is they are testing a channel for the upcoming OTA gingerbread update. The droid x update is reported to be coming out tomorrow so I would bet the droid 2 update would soon follow.

BTW, I am running the rooted GB leak.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by deadlybatman View Post
    I also received this message. My suspicion is they are testing a channel for the upcoming OTA gingerbread update. The droid x update is reported to be coming out tomorrow so I would bet the droid 2 update would soon follow.

BTW, I am running the rooted GB leak.
    That makes sense. I'll want to get the official one, since the leaked one we have now doesn't seem to work with visual voicemail. I would imagine the official update will have that base covered.

That makes sense. I'll want to get the official one, since the leaked one we have now doesn't seem to work with visual voicemail. I would imagine the official update will have that base covered.
    Why don't you download the google voice app? You don't necessarily need a google voice number to use it. You can set up your current number to use visual voicemail through the google voice app and it's free too. Plus, you can get your vmails transcribed to you also for free. Just set it up at www.google.com/voice. It's easier if you set it up on a computer rather than your phone. And you can even check your voicemails on your computer too once it's set up.

Do you pay vzw to use their visual voicemail?

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

I got it too. Swiped down my notification bar clicked on it and it disappeared. Very weird tho...

Quote Originally Posted by icee_man View Post
    I got it too. Swiped down my notification bar clicked on it and it disappeared. Very weird tho...
    Just curious... are you running stock?
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by deadlybatman View Post
    Do you pay vzw to use their visual voicemail?
    Not exactly....I'm on the payroll.
    dra

Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    ROM

I too got the message late last night, as quickly it came it went.
    and I too am running the prerooted GB leak.

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

I am running the leaked prerooted GB

I did not get the message but I don't have prerooted GB as I am running stock. Plus I have Global if that changes anything here.

So this only affected rooted users..... I wonder what Motorola is doing....

[insert conspiracy theory here]
    Excellence is the only standard

I got it, too. I am also running the rooted GB leak.

My theory is that Moto is going to brick our phones right before they steal our children.
    Thanked by:

Any stock users get this message whether rooted or nonrooted?

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jelly Bean

nope, rooted GB and i got it