Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Cool stuff about Motoblur

First of all: Get launcherPro and most of your issues with it being ugly will be gone

1. Turn on Max Battery Power Saver
    2. Utilize the improved Contacts management by making sure you're linking up your Facebook
    3. That red dot lets you highlight text a lot better (it's a magnifying glass)

ROM
    AOSP by preferance

the dot isnt in the gingerbread build. they replaced it for the gingerbread selection tab. as for launcher pro, it doesn't run very well on android 2.3, lots of force closing. and Gingerblur is more bettery efficient than battery saver on froyo, its insanely good. I'm actually saying i like gingerBlur more than i like gingerbread.
    Blackberry Storm 9530 (1 year)>
    Motorola Droid [Rooted] (Froyo 2.2 --> 1Ghz ultra low voltage) (8 months)>
    Motorola Droid X [Rooted] (Fission v2.6.1 --> 1Ghz--> low voltage)(10 months)>
    HTC Droid Eris [Rooted] (CM 7) (risky outdoors device)(current)>
    HTC Droid Incredible [Rooted] (CM 7)[Bad ESN <craigslist scam>](just a tablet now)>
    Motorola Droid 2 [Rooted] (GingerBread v2.3.3 Blur v4.5.153 --> 1Ghz) (Current)[/FONT]

Next device: Samsung Galaxy S II

It's funny because I never liked AOSP Gingerbread because of the theme, and when I got it on my old device I had to scramble to find a different theme because I felt it was hideous. That being said, the MotoBlur theme they put on Gingerbread is a huge success in my opinion. I am running the leak and looking forward to the official release.

When I got my D2 I was aghast at the dark theme, especially since the screen itself seems to have flickering issues with scrolling on dark backgrounds. For example, the font and divider lines would flicker terribly on the settings screens. I was going to take it back until I realized that the flicker was not evident anywhere else and only exacerbated by their poor color choices.