Damn, did we get hustled???

MacHouse83

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I can understand the Droid X getting the 2.3 update before us in some ways but the Droid Pro gets it before us loyal D2 and D2G users??? Thats a total sham... I love my D2G mainly because its the perfect phone for me with the outstanding keyboard and other features but whats up with my updates???

:mad: Come on Verizon!

DVD_Sandwich

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I was thinking about this for a while and I realized a possible explanation.
The Droid X was updated first because of sales numbers. It's sold more units, so they wanted to update it first.
The Droid Pro, however, sold the least out of the three, but perhaps it's update passed testing sooner than the Droid 2 because there is only one version, whereas the Droid2 has two versions (Droid 2 and Droid 2 Global)

If, while testing the system updates, they find problems, they need to be fixed, then tested again, on both versions of the hardware.

This is just my speculation, who knows if it's true or not....

It's also a possibility that the Droid X and Droid Pro will get the update but ours won't. Of course that's a ridiculous and extremely lame possibility.

MacHouse83

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
That is true, but the whole droid lineup should come first since they are the flagship phones for Verizon... lol but ill patiently wait

darrylmendo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
It's true that we are still waiting for our official gingerbread update and trust me once it is released I will go back to stock and install it but the pain of waiting for it is quickly relieved if you are willing to install the leaked gingerbread rom. It's a very stable release and I have no regrets installing it. Launcher pro runs very smoothly on it and the new stock keyboard is phenomenal! I've used pretty much any keyboard worth trying out, smart keyboard, better, ultra, keyboard from android 2.3 by steven lin, etc..., and I just find that the new stock keyboard is the way to go. The copy and paste is much better also. I understand that we're all on the edge of our seats waiting for the official release and it sucks that the Pro got it first but really it's there if you want it that badly.

If you're tech savvy enough give it a try. Here's the thread to get you going: http://forum.androidcentral.com/dro...73005-how-installing-gingerbread-d2-root.html

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I was thinking about this for a while and I realized a possible explanation.
The Droid X was updated first because of sales numbers. It's sold more units, so they wanted to update it first.
The Droid Pro, however, sold the least out of the three, but perhaps it's update passed testing sooner than the Droid 2 because there is only one version, whereas the Droid2 has two versions (Droid 2 and Droid 2 Global)

If, while testing the system updates, they find problems, they need to be fixed, then tested again, on both versions of the hardware.

This is just my speculation, who knows if it's true or not....

It's also a possibility that the Droid X and Droid Pro will get the update but ours won't. Of course that's a ridiculous and extremely lame possibility.

Motorola is testing a build for the D2 Global (and presumably the other two as well) which should be available either via push or leak in the next few days to a week.

And yes your speculation is dead on that is exactly how it works but we WILL see Gingerbread on the D2.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463