Camera Focus

circustravis

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I am using a regular Droid 2 while my R2D2 is being repaired, and the one big difference I can see is in the camera. This camera refuses to focus. My R2 would always click a few times and focus the picture, this camera beeps twice, and takes the picture totally blurry.

Is there some setting I can find to have it try to focus before it takes the picture? This isn't a case of one or two picture out of focus, this is every single one I take.

jdbower

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
First, try to clean the lens. It's much more of an issue with my X, but it still may help.

If you half-press the shutter button it should try to focus, finish the press and it should take the picture. Make sure you've got something with contrast in it, if you're taking a picture of a dark brown dog on a dark brown sofa you may not have anything to focus on. Taking a picture of a white fence against a green field in bright sunlight is a much better subject.

If you've got any sample shots they help, as well. Frequently there may be something to technique or subject that can help diagnose the issue.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1