CyanogenMod 7.1 for Droid2 Available

Azothyran

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys. Over on RootzWiki there is a beta of CyanogenMod for the Droid2. It is still beta, but it works. So far, the only things not working at the time of this post are the Camcorder (you can preview but not record) and USB computer mounting.

http://forum.rootzwiki.com/showthread.php?t=374

PLEASE REMEMBER YOU MUST BE ON FROYO OR SBF RESTORE TO FROYO BEFORE YOU FLASH THE CM4D2 ROMS! The kernel, baseband, and radio images are not compatible. If you try to flash CM4D2 on Gingerbread you WILL BOOTLOOP.

CyanogenMod 7.1 is a Gingerbread based AOSP rom as well.

DROID2 / Cyanogen Mod 7.1

Azothyran

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried it yet? The camcorder isn't that big of a deal to me, but I would like to know if it's at least halfway stable.

The camcorder still doesn't work as of the latest build. You can preview but not record. We have everything else running perfectly though. The OS is stable for everyday use, I haven't had a crash or reboot at all, and I am even overclocked to 1300MHz.

javajoe1982

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Nice. What's the best way to install? Is it as an update.zip, or will I need to sbf it?

Nevermind, it would help if I read the entire post from the link. I saw the installable file at the end of the post.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Azothyran

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
You will want to use the latest build in the build folder at the end of the post. The best one so far is Build 7 by metickone. Build 8 is not the latest.

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Any idea how the CM ROMs are compared to say, the rooted/leaked Gingerbread ROM that came out a few weeks ago? Just wondering if it's worth the whole SBF to Froyo hassle first...

Thanks!

3rdpig

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Any idea how the CM ROMs are compared to say, the rooted/leaked Gingerbread ROM that came out a few weeks ago? Just wondering if it's worth the whole SBF to Froyo hassle first...

Thanks!

I replaced the leaked GB with CM7 and while GB was a definite improvement over Froyo, CM7 takes it to another level of customization and speed. No need to root and freeze bloatware, no confusion of what can be rooted and what can't, there's a theme chooser and a boatload of customizations that you can't get even in a rooted GB. And fast. Did I mention it's fast?

darrylmendo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
I replaced the leaked GB with CM7 and while GB was a definite improvement over Froyo, CM7 takes it to another level of customization and speed. No need to root and freeze bloatware, no confusion of what can be rooted and what can't, there's a theme chooser and a boatload of customizations that you can't get even in a rooted GB. And fast. Did I mention it's fast?

Very interesting... are there any bugs or is there any feature that is not functional yet on cm7? Is the cm 7 rom a release candidate?

Azothyran

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Very interesting... are there any bugs or is there any feature that is not functional yet on cm7? Is the cm 7 rom a release candidate?

Nightly builds are now available in Rom Manager, but you'll need Premium to access them. I would install a build from the aforementioned thread before you install the nightly builds. It is recommended to wipe System, Data, and Cache before you install.

DROID2 / CyanogenMod 7.1 / 1.3GHz Overclock / Honeybread Theme

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress