Unlimited party is over on July 7

silverfang77

Lone Wolf
Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
That's when the tiered data kicks in, and according to HowardForums, it's not pretty...

2GB ? $30/month
5GB ? $50/month
10GB ? $80/month

Seriously... What is Verizon thinking, marketing these data hungry phones and then taking away unlimited and replacing it with low caps and high prices? This is customer abuse at its worst!

If they really do go through with this, I'll happily return to VMUSA and select one of their new Android handsets to use. Would it be a step down from a Droid? Sure, but at least I wouldn't have to vet my data usage.

jdbower

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
If they do away with tethering fees this is fantastic news for me, 2G is a heavy month so it'll save me $20/month.

Of course, this is all rumor no matter how often it's repeated until it shows up on a Verizon website.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Dont worry T-Mobile still offers Unlimited Data with their plans. (fine print. Unlimited data is 2GB per month. LOL) sorry couldnt resist a jab at T-Mo unlimited limited plans.

circustravis

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Looks like we'll all be grandfathered in for unlimited data. And if they try to take it away, threatening to leave for Sprint will probably work wonders.

anon(58977)

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
What about corporate plans?
I get reimbursed so I don't care, but I still like unlimited...though I have yet to use more than a gig though will start tethering soon for my xoom car mount setup :-D

D2Gfan

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I do too. However, I'm afraid VZW might pull an AT&T and start throttling unlimited users who "abuse" their unlimited accounts.

They are already throttling the top 10% of users. Still on an Alltel plan using 4Gb a month and haven't had a problem. As long as your not trying to over do it you'll be fine.

silverfang77

Lone Wolf
Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
What are most of those users doing anyway, streaming full-length movies on their phones? I just don't see the attraction of doing something like that. I'd rather watch a movie on my big TV screen in stereo than on a postage stamp-sized phone screen in mono.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo