what is the best battery mode

entourage133

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Just curious if anyone has actually tested all of the 3 modes to see which one actually has the longest battery. I have been running night time saver since I got my phone which turns off data after 15 mins of not using the phone between 10pm to 5am. When I look at what's using the most of my battery at that time its "phone idle" and the statement below it says if ur in a low radio signal area put your phone in airplane mode to save battery. So what I'm trying to get at is, is night time saver actually using more battery then its actually saving. Is having the phone in performance mode where it never turns off your data connection better? Am I thinking too much into this? Lol

shahm0nsterr#AC

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
To be honest those modes don't really save much battery. I would set it to performance mode and download Juice Defender from the market. It has options to turn off data when the screen is off. It also has many other options. And in the pro version, the settings you can tweak are endless.

If you don't use your phone alot, things like 'phone idle' and 'cell standby' will use the most battery regardless. The battery stats feature doesn't tell you how much of the total battery these processes use, it tells you what percentage they've used out of the battery thats been eaten up since the last time your phone was unplugged.

So if you take your phone off the charger and check 5 minutes later don't be surprised if one of those is at 80%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy