That's it, I'm out.

cwhummel

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
my d2 has been dying slowly for awhile now. the backlight barely works and flickers alot. it freezes and reboots all the time. i loaded on the GB leak awhile back, but even that didn't fix it, plus brought a few of its own bugs.

So, i went out today and got me an X2.

darrylmendo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
my d2 has been dying slowly for awhile now. the backlight barely works and flickers alot. it freezes and reboots all the time. i loaded on the GB leak awhile back, but even that didn't fix it, plus brought a few of its own bugs.

So, i went out today and got me an X2.

Were you eligible for a new phone?

cwhummel

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
its a decent phone. i sometimes think the d2 ran faster, even with the dual core. the gingerblur seems to drag it down, especially at the lock screen. its seems to take a second from the time you hit the lock button for the screen to pop up. i rooted it as soon as i got it and deleted alot of the bloatware,and that seemed to help a little. within apps though, it runs pretty snappy.

It seems to have a common issue where the notification light stays on once you're done charging and unplug it, but hopefully that'll be fixed with the gb update (which is probably coming the 2nd of never for everything but the dx)

the display is just freaking beautiful. big, bright, awesome. the camera works great, take great photos really fast, way faster than the d2. however, there is no camera button. i kinda miss that.

Its a great phone, but that said, i'd drop it in a heartbeat if the friggin' Bionic would ever come out (also due out on the 2nd of never).

darrylmendo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
its a decent phone. i sometimes think the d2 ran faster, even with the dual core. the gingerblur seems to drag it down, especially at the lock screen. its seems to take a second from the time you hit the lock button for the screen to pop up. i rooted it as soon as i got it and deleted alot of the bloatware,and that seemed to help a little. within apps though, it runs pretty snappy.

It seems to have a common issue where the notification light stays on once you're done charging and unplug it, but hopefully that'll be fixed with the gb update (which is probably coming the 2nd of never for everything but the dx)

the display is just freaking beautiful. big, bright, awesome. the camera works great, take great photos really fast, way faster than the d2. however, there is no camera button. i kinda miss that.

Its a great phone, but that said, i'd drop it in a heartbeat if the friggin' Bionic would ever come out (also due out on the 2nd of never).

Wow, that's so sad to hear that blur still slows the phone down despite it's dual core =( Especially the the lock screen drag and the delay from hitting the wake button and the screen coming on. All the right hardware and yet it's moto's customized software that causes lag. So what else is new?

cwhummel

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
well, that didn't last long. I took the x2 back. couldn't take it anymore. i basically spent alot of money for the same phone with a bigger screen and no keyboard. i think im gonna wait for the bionic.

jdbower

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Out of curiosity, what was the same and why would the Bionic (which, specwise, seems to be mostly a 4G X2) be any different? Between my X and my D2G I strongly favor my X unless I'm in a country with only GSM access.

cwhummel

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Out of curiosity, what was the same and why would the Bionic (which, specwise, seems to be mostly a 4G X2) be any different? Between my X and my D2G I strongly favor my X unless I'm in a country with only GSM access.

I think part of it being the same (to me anyways) was the froyo gingerblur. I put the GB leak on my d2, and while the X2 didn't have GB, it did have the same UI. the screen was awesome but that was about it. It was slow and laggy. really laggy in certain areas, especially opening up the camera.

The bionic is supposed to come with GB (fingers crossed) and yeah, the only other appeal over the x2 is 4g, thats what i want more than anything. I work in an area with low VZ coverage and i know the 4g can make it through.