• 2 Post By Phil Nickinson
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Android Central Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    3,969 Global Posts

Default July 7

Or so I hear.

Default Re: July 7

OOOOOOOOO very niiiiice! Wife will be happy to hear she is getting her new phone tomorrow. Thanks Phil!

Hopefully VZW will issue their Press Release very soon.
    "I'm all jack'd up on Mountain Dew!"

So are we talking announced on their website, ...or working handsets on display in stores...?

-Suntan

Quote Originally Posted by Suntan View Post
    So are we talking announced on their website, ...or working handsets on display in stores...?

-Suntan
    THIS. Direct fill only, or all channels? DO WANT.

Global Posts
    4,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

Direct fill is what has been floating around so far. I plan to order mine in the morning, maybe even stay up late to see if it hits the web at midnight.

Some dude over on HoFo is saying if you call you can order it now. Like right now.

DAMN I wish I hadn't done the responsible thing and paid my rent on time!

So close!

Quote Originally Posted by ravenlore View Post
    Some dude over on HoFo is saying if you call you can order it now. Like right now.

My upgrade is on Friday. Is there any chance I could get them to place the order for me before? (i.e. Tomorrow?)
    The Dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by dancingcrab View Post

So close!

My upgrade is on Friday. Is there any chance I could get them to place the order for me before? (i.e. Tomorrow?)
    I dunno, man you'd have to call and ask.

And an update for anyone keeping score at home: over on HoFo two different people have posted that they have successfully ordered Droid 3 handsets.

I just logged on MyVerizon to try and upgrade and the Droid 3 wasn't an option yet.Less than 5 hours to go I guess. Time to go check back with HoFo.Update: I guess calling CS is the way to go.
    Last edited by experiment626; 07-06-2011 at 06:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by experiment626 View Post
    I just logged on MyVerizon to try and upgrade and the Droid 3 wasn't an option yet.Less than 5 hours to go I guess. Time to go check back with HoFo.
    If you call vzw you can order it right now. The D3 pre-release thread on howardforums is starting to become an "I ordered my D3!" thread.

Ah... you guys are killing me. I told myself I'd never get a phone without checking it out in the store first.

That said, at least we will have initial reports in by the time the phones hit next Thurs.

-Suntan

Cool looks like a good phone

had a chance to check out the dummy version in my local retailer today.
    couple of notes.... 1. this phone unlike the Droid2/global does not have a camera/function key on the side.
    2. the dummy keyboard did not feel great i am hoping its just the dummy but some keys really felt dead.
    3. the number row is decent and for anyone who has typed using a BB it will be just fine.

in terms of realease i was told that it will release on the 7th for delivery by the 10th in most corporate stores and available on the 14th on "all channels".

Quote Originally Posted by Suntan View Post
    Ah... you guys are killing me. I told myself I'd never get a phone without checking it out in the store first.

That said, at least we will have initial reports in by the time the phones hit next Thurs.

-Suntan
    I'm not pre-ordering.I want to see it in person first.

Quote Originally Posted by yogi1574 View Post
    2. the dummy keyboard did not feel great i am hoping its just the dummy but some keys really felt dead.
    The dummy phones are just that, all the exterior bits with none of the insides. I wouldn't judge the keyboard from looking at a dummy phone.

I may have to swing by my local corporate vzw store tomorrow, just to see what's shaking.

-Suntan

I ordered five minutes ago. Deadline had passed to get the device tomorrow, but i'll have it by 3-ish Friday. Rep gave me my New Every 2 a week early.

D3 on its way to me for $149. Contract renewed. Before vzw even bothers to announce the device.

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts

I ordered five minutes ago. Deadline had passed to get the device tomorrow, but i'll have it by 3-ish Friday. Rep gave me my New Every 2 a week early.

D3 on its way to me for $149. Contract renewed. Before vzw even bothers to announce the device.
    Did you call the 800 number listed online? I'm due on the 9th, early would be nice.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by wnflyer View Post
    Did you call the 800 number listed online? I'm due on the 9th, early would be nice.

Thanks.
    I just called 611

Global Posts
    4,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

If you are that close I would just call, I am sure they will let you in a couple of days early.

I hope instore happens the 14th as rumored. I just got a Dinc2 on the 4th, but I really like the looks of the D3, and its still within my return window.

Its available now on the verizonwireless website

heard a couple rumors that best buy may have the phones available today or within the week, the DX2 was available 1 week earlier than corp stores at bby and 3rd parties on its direct fill date, so thats where these rumors are coming from. also i wouldnt take that leaked best buy screen shot serious from droid attic since the phone hasnt been officially announced as available and just a silent launch.

Global Posts
    4,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

Ordered mine today along with the extended battery. Sold of my Droid Charge.