1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock

Default How is the new motoblur

I was debating on getting the bionic but im skeptical bout moto and there ui so how is the 3d blur

Default Re: How is the new motoblur

Quote Originally Posted by androidjunkie30 View Post
    I was debating on getting the bionic but im skeptical bout moto and there ui so how is the 3d blur
    I like it alot to be honest, its sharp and smooth.. I came from an og droid and always had lag issues from time to time, have tried the droid x before too and it had the same problem, it was also the same thing when I switched to the T-Bolt (3 days later I returned it after 7 exchanges due to multiple problems with the phones..) From having had experience with 3 other android phones to going with a droid 3 now I can say the droid 3 is MUCH smoother, I have yet to notice a single bit of slow down or lag as of yet (knock on wood) Its crazy how smooth it runs..

I've been impressed by the performance of MAP on the Droid 3's demo videos. While there were some instances of teeny UI hiccups, the software was preproduction based on the disclamer in the vids, and everything seemed very very smooth. Can't wait to try in person.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by jd10984 View Post
    I like it alot to be honest, its sharp and smooth.. I came from an og droid and always had lag issues from time to time, have tried the droid x before too and it had the same problem, it was also the same thing when I switched to the T-Bolt (3 days later I returned it after 7 exchanges due to multiple problems with the phones..) From having had experience with 3 other android phones to going with a droid 3 now I can say the droid 3 is MUCH smoother, I have yet to notice a single bit of slow down or lag as of yet (knock on wood) Its crazy how smooth it runs..
    Is it a big improvment over the old blur like touchwiz 3 to 4 or is it reasonable with sense because I want a htc sense 3.0 dual core lte phone but the bionic has all those except htc lol and sense 3.0 so is it do able because I know before it was not that good and since the D3 has the same ui that the bionic will have so how is it overall

So far it's pretty quick. It's the best so far. Once we get root and can remove some of that bloatware and such, this thing will be like lightning. lol

I think the Blur is aesthetically pretty nice, and some of the widgets are sweet. But I actually think it is laggy as hell. It barely stays in the memory, so when you exit an app or flip the screen it has to reload everything. I moved to LauncherPro and it smooths it out SOO much more.

The guys at the Verizon store will let you play with a D3 so you can see for yourself what it feels like. Just saying.

-Suntan

It looks nice to me, but its hard for me to even consider a device with a UI skin anymore. They seem to cause many problems. Its the reason I've gone pure Android. I just got tired of my phone having bugs due to the UI skin and lagging.