Motorola Droid Photoshoot

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Very nice. I get a really good idea of the size of this thing from those photos. If it had LTE I would have one by now. I loved my OG Droid.

xxspark89xx

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Very good pics. Slowly but surely, I'm becoming convinced that I have to pick this up next week. :)

You'll be impressed, as I was, with the build quality and the feel of this phone. The 4" screen does a difference over previous droids, and the form factor feels very nice in the grip on my hand.

The new motoblur UI is nice, and everything runs smooth with live wallpaper, etc.

And just to confirm, this phone is a global device, in which does not come with LTE on-board. The 3G is fairly fast enough for me though.

The keyboard feeling is totally awesome. It's larger, the keys are spaced out, has a nice satisfying "click" feel to it. Overall, another factor that has won this device over for me.

I guess all I can say is wait until you get your hands on one. ;)

Reactions: rickhamilton620

SharonW

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
Here are some pictures I took of the three generations of the Motorola Droids.
Thanks for the picture comparison, it does help visual the size difference better, but also raises a new question for me. One of the little things that I LOVE about my OG Droid are the speakers. For such little speakers they do a pretty kick ass job on their own. From the pictures I can see the speaker grilles are a lot smaller on the D3. Any sound difference or the same or better quality?

IceDree

= I C E D R E E = ?
Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Looking very good & tempting , which makes harder to choose between the DROID 3 (or MileStone 3) & the ATRIX 4G (I love em both)
but i can't wait until October\November which is usually Motorola releases the MileStone phones , especially that I just found some one who imports Atrixes from the US to the Saudi Arabia for kinda reasonable price
Should I pass on the Atrix & wait until February (since Im always outta the country between half of September & February) ?

rickhamilton620

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
You'll be impressed, as I was, with the build quality and the feel of this phone. The 4" screen does a difference over previous droids, and the form factor feels very nice in the grip on my hand.

The new motoblur UI is nice, and everything runs smooth with live wallpaper, etc.

And just to confirm, this phone is a global device, in which does not come with LTE on-board. The 3G is fairly fast enough for me though.

The keyboard feeling is totally awesome. It's larger, the keys are spaced out, has a nice satisfying "click" feel to it. Overall, another factor that has won this device over for me.

I guess all I can say is wait until you get your hands on one. ;)

Wow, sounds like a ringing endorsement. :D

My biggest worry was the screen and keyboard. The latter especially due to the bad rep of Droid 1 (both the flat keyed model and the domed keyed model) and Droid 2/2 Global keyboards, I was a skeptic when i saw the leaked photos, but from the images i've seen now, and the ringing endorsements...I think it's a winner.

I'll agree that Motorola build quality is a plus. My Droid physically is solid as a rock save for the power button and headphone jack.

Yes, I'll have to head to a store this friday...as I'm pretty impatient :p

Rick!?!? You couldn't possibly be Rick from the Vineyard could you? I so, this is your cousin. lol

Haha nope, I don't work at a vineyard. :)

SharonW

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
Wow, sounds like a ringing endorsement. :D

My biggest worry was the screen and keyboard. The latter especially due to the bad rep of Droid 1 (both the flat keyed model and the domed keyed model) and Droid 2/2 Global keyboards, I was a skeptic when i saw the leaked photos, but from the images i've seen now, and the ringing endorsements...I think it's a winner.

I'll agree that Motorola build quality is a plus. My Droid physically is solid as a rock save for the power button and headphone jack.

Yes, I'll have to head to a store this friday...as I'm pretty impatient :p

Haha nope, I don't work at a vineyard. :)
Aw, it was a shot in the dark anyway. But it's not a "vineyard." I was referring to his home on Martha's Vineyard. :D

And I'm still waiting to hear from the OP about the dang speaker!

Payne78

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
I imagine the speaker would be just as good. If u look at the OG Droid the grill may be big but the actual speaker opening is actually quite small.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678