Really would like to hear about battery life & signal strength!

Couck#WN

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
My Dinc, while a great phone is just not doing it anymore for me. I'm on a 2150 battery which makes the phone very thick. And my signal strength is so bad it just kills my battery.

I am hoping someone could talk about their experience with standard battery & with extended battery. Also if there is a pic with the extended battery in? Is it thicker?

Finally how is signal strength?

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk

Ethame

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
Re: Really would like to hear about battery life & signal strengt

My Dinc, while a great phone is just not doing it anymore for me. I'm on a 2150 battery which makes the phone very thick. And my signal strength is so bad it just kills my battery.

I am hoping someone could talk about their experience with standard battery & with extended battery. Also if there is a pic with the extended battery in? Is it thicker?

Finally how is signal strength?

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk

I didn't have a Dinc (I upgraded from OG Droid) but the battery life seems on par with my OG Droid, perhaps SLIGHTLY lower, but if so it's not by much.

Signal Strength seems improved as well, at home I'm on a roaming network on only had service outside on the font porch and in 2 rooms, now everywhere in the yard and house seem to get signals, I can walk around and talk on the phone and get texts in my office too.

I hope that helps you out a bit at least.

Reactions: YourMobileGuru

Immolate

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site

Can't speak to signal strength as I've not been paying attention. Battery life is good, great on slow days. Last night I hit 24 hours off charge and 60% remaining. That's pretty solid. The extended battery, which I don't have, makes the entire phone a bit thicker. I saw a review by a guy with the extended battery, and until he mentioned it, I didn't notice it was different. That's a pretty sexy EB.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site

Can anybody compare battery life and signal strength to the Droid 2: Global? Really interested in thus upgrade but also a little gun-shy of loosing what I have with the D2G.

mbrouill

May 25, 2011
Visit site

Can anybody compare battery life and signal strength to the Droid 2: Global? Really interested in thus upgrade but also a little gun-shy of loosing what I have with the D2G.

I carry a Droid 2G for work and can say the signal strength so far is identical to my D3. 3 bars consistent at work and my old BB Curve use to be 2 bars at the same location.

As for battery, Fully charged the battery at 10:30 and now at 1:18 down 1/3rd and not doing much on the D3. Not good, gonna have to look into it but need to find a good tool to tell me what is draining my D3. Anyone have one they like?

Last edited:

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site

I carry a Droid 2G for work and can say the signal strength so far is identical to my D3. 3 bars consistent at work and my old BB Curve use to be 2 bars at the same location.

As for battery, Fully charged the battery at 10:30 and now at 1:18 down 1/3rd and not doing much on the D3. Not good, gonna have to look into it but need to find a good tool to tell me what is draining my D3. Anyone have one they like?

It's normal for the first few days to not be as good, but hopefully it will improve. Keep us informed ...

sagarp14

May 5, 2011
Visit site

I've been reading around on forums and I read somewhere that by default your network settings are set to global and you need to manually set it to CDMA. After doing this the people who were having problems with battery life no longer had problems.

mbrouill

May 25, 2011
Visit site

I've been reading around on forums and I read somewhere that by default your network settings are set to global and you need to manually set it to CDMA. After doing this the people who were having problems with battery life no longer had problems.

Thanks for the tip. Just set it to CDMA and will see what happens. Now if I could just get rid of all the icons of products I would never use.

DO YOU HEAR ME VERIZON???

ninjataint

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
Setting it to cdma helped me out a bit, I am too heavy a user to ever get a full day out of it though.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site

i cannot remember how to turn off global. what menu is that under?

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site

That's interesting, I've never known that to make any difference with my Blackberries or my D2G although it does kinda make sense.

I think I have seen enough to know that it's not gonna be terrible and that is what I was worried about.

cozz

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

there have been quite a few people having battery problems with the d3. personally i'm getting pretty good battery life out of it - going for a full day with pretty heavy use (still playing with it a lot) and having 40% or so after 12-13 hrs or so.

i think since the phone is so new, there are a lot of apps that aren't quite working that well on gingerbread or with the new chip or whatever the case may be. it seems that some apps are having issues with running constantly or eating up the battery life.

so i think the final verdict on battery life is still out, but overall it is pretty good

Goldchamp

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

I recommend downloading juice defender. I purchased the ultimate upgrade on my last phone and it helps alot by turning off sync except when you are using the phone.Now granted you won't get push notifications on anything unless you unlock the phone, but it does wonders on battery life. Last full charge i went right at 31 hours and still had 30% left with low-moderate usage. And it doesn't affect receiving phone calls or text messages.

dancingcrab

Feb 16, 2010
www.dancingcrabspeaks.blogspot.com

there have been quite a few people having battery problems with the d3. personally i'm getting pretty good battery life out of it - going for a full day with pretty heavy use (still playing with it a lot) and having 40% or so after 12-13 hrs or so.

i think since the phone is so new, there are a lot of apps that aren't quite working that well on gingerbread or with the new chip or whatever the case may be. it seems that some apps are having issues with running constantly or eating up the battery life.

so i think the final verdict on battery life is still out, but overall it is pretty good

Wow, 40% after 12 hours. I'm jealous. I'm just coming up to the twelfth hour of my D3's third day, and it's about to die. Literally, couple of percent left on the battery. To be fair, there was some fairly heavy GPS usage today with Google Maps, plus the usual checking Twitter/Facebook/etc and emailing/texting, but still.

I want 40% after 12 hours. Any tips or tricks that you could share?

WarER4X

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site

I have had the screen on, on my D3 for 2 hours straight, now and the battery is down 50%. If this were my OG Droid, the battery would probably be at about 30% or less from that amount of screen use. I'd say, if nothing else, the PenTile display delivers on its promise of reduced power consumption. I think it looks quite good, too.

I will say that the initial charge took a very long time, probably because the battery has to charge long enough to establish the stats data for the phone to know what 100% is.

Signal strength is a full 4 bars in my home. The OG Droid usually fluctuated from 2-4 bars depending on what room I was in.

ninjataint

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site

Wow, 40% after 12 hours. I'm jealous. I'm just coming up to the twelfth hour of my D3's third day, and it's about to die. Literally, couple of percent left on the battery. To be fair, there was some fairly heavy GPS usage today with Google Maps, plus the usual checking Twitter/Facebook/etc and emailing/texting, but still.

I want 40% after 12 hours. Any tips or tricks that you could share?

Navigation can be pretty brutal on the battery.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae