so canada is getting the Droid 3 as a 4G device?!?!?

0pusX

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Am I reading these stories on Twitter correctly and Canada is getting their version of the D3 but Its called XT860 4G ........

So why wouldn't Verizon have 4G on theirs?????

Did MOTO intentionally do that to prevent conflict with Bionic sales?

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
but is their 4G the same as our 4G. it says 4G refers to Bell's next generation network. That doesn't really mean its super ultra fast like ours

dancingcrab

Feb 16, 2010
www.dancingcrabspeaks.blogspot.com
Am I reading these stories on Twitter correctly and Canada is getting their version of the D3 but Its called XT860 4G ........

So why wouldn't Verizon have 4G on theirs?????

Did MOTO intentionally do that to prevent conflict with Bionic sales?

Chill out. GSM '4G' (HSPA+, which is really suped up 3G) isn't the same as true next gen 4G like LTE (although there is some debate as to whether even LTE is truly 4G). To get VZW LTE on the Droid 3, it would have most likely required a much larger antenna, which is why people are saying we may not see a LTE device with a slider, at least for a while.

Confusion like this is because the carriers are freely tossing the term '4G' around. Very unfair and misleading of them.

Reactions: 0pusX

apollyon0810

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Chill out. GSM '4G' (HSPA+, which is really suped up 3G) isn't the same as true next gen 4G like LTE (although there is some debate as to whether even LTE is truly 4G). To get VZW LTE on the Droid 3, it would have most likely required a much larger antenna, which is why people are saying we may not see a LTE device with a slider, at least for a while.

Confusion like this is because the carriers are freely tossing the term '4G' around. Very unfair and misleading of them.

My Droid 2 Global says its a "4G device" under the firmware info while SBFing with RSDLite. More than likely its just naming convention. Take a deep breath.

harrisondisc

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Everyone who is soooo disppointed that the D3 is not 4G LTE, I offer this to you as a means to get you thinking rationally again. Have you seen the current VZW 4G phones? They are pretty damn big, aren't they? I don't just mean the brilliant 4.3" screens. I mean the thickness of the phone. The Droid 3 (which I ordered last Thursday, and love, BTW) is actually thinner than all of them. People, these first generation of LTE phones are thick because they have to be. The tech just hasn't shrunk down yet. We know it will, because it always does. If the Droid 3 were the first LTE phone with a keyboard, it would be way too big and heavy. Plain, and simple. And then everyone who complains about the D3 not being 4G, would be complaining that the phone is too big, thick, and heavy and that they will be waiting for a thinner and lighter one.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer