Anyone own a D3 as well as a DX2? thoughts?

0pusX

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I cant decide between the D3 and the DX2.... anyone here own both and can offer some insight?

I dont use the keyboard....... but really like the front facing camera of the D3.

Like bigger screen size of DX2 but want Front facing camera........

I'm torn!!

albertgeorge

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: Anyone own a D3 as well as a DX2?? thoughts?

They are practically the same phone, The d3 can do 1080 vid which the x2 cannot. D3 has a FFC, x2 does not. D3 has keyboard, x2 does not. The x2 on the other hand has a 4.3 inch screen and the d3 only is 4. The d3 beats it in every category except screen size. Its up to you. :)

hkklife

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: Anyone own a D3 as well as a DX2?? thoughts?

Practically the same phone? Hardly!

The D3 is OMAP-based, the DX2 is Tegra2-based. That alone gives the DX2 access to many more games & THD-specific titles. Other than that (and the bigger X2 screen), the D3 trumps it in every way:

-1080p video recording
-Global phone capability
-Overall better/improved 8Mp camera stills (especially in low-light)
-Front-facing cam
-Ships with Gingerbread 2.3.4 standard
-Newer/better/faster Gingerblur 3D UI
-Better/newer camera app
-Available inductive charging battery door
-16Gb internal storage
-A few more useful apps included (still tons of bloatware though)

Supposedly the D3's pentile is a tad bit better than the DX2's or at least it's less noticable due to the smaller size. I cannot verify since I have not yet seen a D3 in person. If my hands-on time with the D3 is very positive, I may consider jumping ship from DX2 to D3. So far, I've been a BB and two VZW corp stores and none of them have the D3 out yet. I definitely believe the story that has been circulating that they are trying to blow out all of the old D2G's before selling the D3. Bummer.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Also has over the DX2:

No audio pops
No memory issues or lag that cripples the device.
Sweet keyboard
Hot swappable SD card
4" display seems to suit pentile better