Exchange bug - Motorola admits Exchange support nonfunctional

Kilgore Trout

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
This forum doesn't seem to attract a lot of corporate types . But, for those of you who have access to Exchange/Activesync, the software on the Droid 3 is currently nonfunctional for reasons that are beyond my limited expertise on the subject. Motorola admits that the problem is on their end, as per the discussions on their own support board.

Touchdown, which can be downloaded from the Droid Market for $19.95, works fine. So, it is not a hardware issue. Purely software.

Some of you may recall that Moto wound up giving away free licenses to Touchdown for the Droid X, after the exchange support proved problematic.

alexis

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
This forum doesn't seem to attract a lot of corporate types . But, for those of you who have access to Exchange/Activesync, the software on the Droid 3 is currently nonfunctional for reasons that are beyond my limited expertise on the subject. Motorola admits that the problem is on their end, as per the discussions on their own support board.

Touchdown, which can be downloaded from the Droid Market for $19.95, works fine. So, it is not a hardware issue. Purely software.

Some of you may recall that Moto wound up giving away free licenses to Touchdown for the Droid X, after the exchange support proved problematic.

Is that why my Microsoft Outlook calendar doesn't populate for any time in the past when I use "Back Up Assistant" to "Sync Now" - successfully? Or is that something not related at all?

Thanks -

Kilgore Trout

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Is that why my Microsoft Outlook calendar doesn't populate for any time in the past when I use "Back Up Assistant" to "Sync Now" - successfully? Or is that something not related at all?

Thanks -

Alexis - I wish I could answer your question. But, I don't use Outlook and am not familiar with the issue you are having. My guess is it is unrelated though.

Hope you solve it soon!

anon(257429)

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site

i have exchange on my Droid3 and have no issues what so ever.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Moto for the WIN. Seriously I really like my D3, so much so I sold off my Droid Charge and will be keeping it (today was my last day to return it). But at this point Moto is done, put a fork in them I don't think they can realistically get their act together. I would bet on RIM getting it together before Moto and that's pretty bad. Locked bootloaders (regardless of your pro or con position) are being dropped by the majority of OEM's and Moto is dragging their feet.

Add to this the lack of exchange support out of the box, how exactly does Verizon miss that blunder. Its a corporate phones, it has a qwerty keyboard and you expect people to pay $20 for an app because Moto can't get it done. How about Verizon stepping up and saying this will be addressed in a software update shortly. Instead we have Verizon offering BOGO and price drops of $55 (through authorized partners that is). Still its been out two weeks and it seems like Verizon is running away from a device that can do so much, so much that is so long as Moto isn't in charge.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calvinxander08