Duplicate contacts from facebook imported contacts

aTeam

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I've been using my droid 3 for a little while and my only problem is with my contacts, I'll try to be brief.

When I first got my phone I setup my account with facebook and it imported all of my friends with pictures which I really liked. Now I didn't have any backup assistant setup before switching phones so they had to do it through the machine in the store. The machine wasn't setup last night so they told me to come back today to move them over because it takes roughly an hour to update. I spent part of my morning changing my contacts names in my old envy 3 to be the same as my friend facebook names that were imported into my d3 because I thought it would condense all the info into one contact. Well it didn't and now I have a ton of duplicates and I don't know how to edit my facebook contacts because they are read-only. I've tried everything I could find on google and I'm really out of options. Any experts on the subject would be greatly appreciated!

So I was a little more long winded than I wanted to be :cool:

aTeam

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Well here's an update on my situation. As I tried fixing things I noticed that all of the contacts that were imported from my old envy 3 via the little black box in the verizon store were linked as contacts from my youtube gallery account and that I couldn't edit them. So I removed my youtube account and checked my contacts and they were all gone. So now I need to go back to the verizon store have them do it again. I'm still doing reading and someone mentioned that putting a +1- in front of the number might combine them because that's the way numbers from facebook display, but not all of my facebook friends have their phone number up. ugh this is so frustrating

Pain505

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
having the same issue but only with a few contacts, not all of them. the best way to save contacts on android is using your gmail account, simple and very very easy to set up when you switch phones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12