VZ Navigator is now top battery user at 53%

NormanGC

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I used VZ Navigator that was installed on the phone just to see what it was like since it is possible to use it without having to subscribe to the service. The only difference is that there are functions that are disabled. Anyways, the reason I say this is because, VZ Navigator is using up the most power at 52% even though I'm not using it. It used to be that Cell standby and Phone Idle were top users.

Does anyone know how to stop it from automatically loading?

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
go into the applications menu in your phone settings and force stop the app. after you do that, it should stop running unless you open it again (nav shouldnt be one of the apps that auto-runs)

NormanGC

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
go into the applications menu in your phone settings and force stop the app. after you do that, it should stop running unless you open it again (nav shouldnt be one of the apps that auto-runs)

I've been doing this but the application keeps reloading itself every time I wake up the phone!

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I would just add it to the auto end list in the provided task manager. It works perfectly fine for me. Once we have root you can freeze it, but until then that should keep it from killing your battery.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc