SIM card

macten52

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
New D3. It has the std VZW SIM card in it. When I go to settings / about phone / etc. it doesn't show the SIM card number like my other global phones do??? Tryed shutting down and remove & replace card..no luck. Put my SIM in another phone and it reads it just fine. I can also import / export contacts to it??? Very curious. Defective phone?

Seldom Seen

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
New D3. It has the std VZW SIM card in it. When I go to settings / about phone / etc. it doesn't show the SIM card number like my other global phones do??? Tryed shutting down and remove & replace card..no luck. Put my SIM in another phone and it reads it just fine. I can also import / export contacts to it??? Very curious. Defective phone?
You manage import/export of contacts to the SIM card in the "Contacts" app - hit the menu key, select "Manage Contacts", and there are options to delete SIM contacts, import contacts From SIM Card, and export contacts to SIM card.

I was also confused by the fact that the SIM card doesn't show up in the "About Phone" list.

macten52

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
You manage import/export of contacts to the SIM card in the "Contacts" app - hit the menu key, select "Manage Contacts", and there are options to delete SIM contacts, import contacts From SIM Card, and export contacts to SIM card.

I was also confused by the fact that the SIM card doesn't show up in the "About Phone" list.
I was curious enough about why the SIM card didn't show up in "about phone" so I called VZW tech. After getting to second level person....they had documentation that said this is a Motorola programming error. The SIM card still works (ie global roaming) but you have to take the card out to see the number on it and give it to VZW before you use global roaming.

Seldom Seen

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Interesting. I did some more digging as well and the SIM Card S/N and other info does show up in the third-party app, "Android System Information" - under the "System" tab and "Telephony" section (although I haven't yet pulled the card to see if the S/N's match).

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Interesting. I did some more digging as well and the SIM Card S/N and other info does show up in the third-party app, "Android System Information" - under the "System" tab and "Telephony" section (although I haven't yet pulled the card to see if the S/N's match).

Which makes sense considering when you do an ESN swap on a phone (move it to another line) you dont have to replace the SIM.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc