Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By channing22#AC
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Does Skype work with the Front-Facing Camera?

Hey guys,

Can one of you download the new Skype app and see if it works with the Droid 3? Reports are saying even if it's unlisted, your Gingerbread phone could work with the FFC.

Thanks!

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

Default Re: Does Skype work with the Front-Facing Camera?

The calling works on the Droid 3. I can see the video from the other caller (laptop webcam), however they can not see the video from my front or rear camera.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by bigjake24 View Post
    The calling works on the Droid 3. I can see the video from the other caller (laptop webcam), however they can not see the video from my front or rear camera.
    Ah damn. That kind of sucks. I don't know why no Moto devices are supported.
    High Five Champion

ROM
    CM9 Nightlies

Hey everyone I am resurrecting this thread if you will. I am having this same problem with the droid 3 I just purchased for my mother. I was setting up skype on her phone (advice to anyone: Don't use the preinstalled skype from verizon, it only works with 3G and if you're on a tiered plan your basically getting screwed IMO), I downloaded the one from the market and everything was going well during the test run except that in her screen (the small box of her image) its completely black (no image) but she can see me fine. On my side, through my Thunderbolt I cant see her either, I get the same blacked out screen for too. Anybody know if this is a common problem with all D3's or is this a random issue and will it get fixed soon via Skype or VZW?

Thank you for any feedback.
    Hey look, its a signature!

See the sticky thread about video calling at the top of the forum. There are a couple of settings to try in the "advanced settings" spicifically dealing withth the black screen. I had to select the second option to get skype video working, but i can definitely confirm that skype works with both front and back cameras

-Suntan
    High Five Champion

ROM
    CM9 Nightlies

Thank you, totally didn't search well enough. Appreciate the help.
    Hey look, its a signature!

If you want to Video Call someone phone-to-phone, just use "Tango". My wife and I have made about 10 calls successfully using Tango. (Btwn Iphone and Droid 3)
    Randall@Tango likes this.

ROM
    GPA19, CM7.1 xronified

Agree Tango works like a champ.