That sure was a great "find" function in my Palm Centro ...

alexis

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I wonder does my Droid 3 have something like that?

For example: In a hurry, I might put a person's phone number next to their name, but in the calendar rather than in the phone listing (in a hurry, etc.). Then, a week later, I want to access that number, but I can't remember where in the phone I put it.

With my old Palm Centro, I just typed the name in and pushed "find". What it did then was search each of the following:
- Phone contacts
- Calendar
- Notes/documents
- others

... for the name, show me each instance that the name occured in each section of the phone, and then it would show me - "Hey you put the guys phone number in the calendar on this date ... here's the number!"

Is there any way to have that kind of "find" function in the Droid 3?

Thanks -

The Droid Shnoid

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Go into Google Search and hit the menu key to select Search Settings, then choose Searchable items and pick the apps you want it to search when you start typing from the home screen.

*Edit*: I take that back... it doesn't give you the option to search the calendar from those choices.

alexis

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, shamefulzero ... can you help me understand what you're saying a bit more please? For example, if I knew that last week I had typed "Diana - 433-5599" somewhere in my Droid 3, but not sure if it was in the calendar, in contacts, in a memo, etc. - how could I locate it by just typing "Diana" and then hitting search?

Like the DroidShnoid said, Calendar is not one of the searchable items from Home Page>Search.

But even if Calendar were one of the drop down options, it's not exactly the point I was making. In the Palm Centro I just typed "Diana" and hit "Search" ONCE ... and the phone went through each of the locations sequentially by itself, it would find "Diana - 433-5599" tucked in the calendar (for example) and display it. I didn't have to open contacts and search, then open calendar and search, then open ... etc.

Is there anything like that "global" (to choose a word that might not be perfect) Palm Centro search function in my Droid 3?

Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20