1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Thumbs down Dont buy a case!

I was stupid enough to do this, but so you all know, DO NOT BUY A DROID 3 CASE, they will ruin your slidout keyboard.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    154 Global Posts

Default Re: Dont buy a case!

How?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thumbs down Re: Dont buy a case!

For the case to maintain a grip on your device, it has a big peice of plastic go through inbetween your screen (top part of phone) and keyboard (bottom part, where the camera battery is etc) that leaves a dent when you take the case off, whick even makes it wobbly. Sorry if u still don't understand I tried explaining it best as possible.

I found that filing down the parts that clips on to the phone really makes it easier to slide the keyboard

The otterbox commuter case doesn't affect the keyboard at all just to let you know.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    154 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kingsden View Post
    For the case to maintain a grip on your device, it has a big peice of plastic go through inbetween your screen (top part of phone) and keyboard (bottom part, where the camera battery is etc) that leaves a dent when you take the case off, whick even makes it wobbly. Sorry if u still don't understand I tried explaining it best as possible.
    I understand - I have a case and I don't like it much either. It hasn't wrecked my phone, but it's very hard to take off. So I'm just going without one. I may look into the Otterbox, though.

great to hear that as im looking into cases now, we have 4 of them!!

Global Posts
    176 Global Posts

Funny thing is I picked up a generic case off Ebay and have none of those issues. The case is a pain to get on and off, but how often do I really do that? The little grip points don't effect the slide at all as 2 are on the top and bottom and the other 2 are on the end that is being slid out and not going over the keyboard.

Guess you just need to look before you buy...

The case and holster combo that I purchased from Verizon when I purchased the phone is causing wear issues for me as well.

I wish Verizon would just come out with a decent quality holster that didn't require a case and my problem would be solved..

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

I bought the hard blue cover from Verizon and it caused the keyboard to lift up a tiny bit when closed....I could not live with that, (I am incredibly anal about such things, lol).

So I bought the Shell/Holster combo, and it does not affect the phone or keyboard at all.

I don't have a case just because this phone is the best feeling phone I have EVER owned.
    Droid MAXX and iPad 4. Best combo.

Bought generic case/holster from Verizon store. Works well, no wear issues.
    Last edited by channing22; 08-23-2011 at 02:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bbricker09 View Post
    The otterbox commuter case doesn't affect the keyboard at all just to let you know.
    Yup I can attest that the OB Commuter on my wifes D3 doesn't affect it either. Precision engineered case i'd say hence why it takes a bit after release for otter to bring a new case out LOL.
    I'd bet Cory's Right Arm on that!

I have the metallic blue case from Verizon and I have had no abnormal wear issues.

I got a Casemate Hardly there from the AC Store - No problems with mine
    Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right