droid 3 update!

WarER4X

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
I jumped on the bandwagon and installed the update. So far, all is well. I'm rooted, so I use the new one-click root/unroot tool to unroot the phone, then installed the update, then rerooted. Everything is running fine. It definitely appears that the battery reporting has changed somehow, because Cell Standby isn't is high as it used to be. I can't tell yet if that is actually going to translate to less battery use because I've only been running the update for about an hour (and am on charge right now). It does appear that screen transitions are running smoother than they were before. All my bloatware is frozen, so I don't know anything about the updates that were applied to those apps. The new GTalk with video chat is an interesting addition. I haven't tried that video chat yet, but I did accidentally start a voice chat with one of my friends and it seemed to work ok.

-SR-

-SR-

spacecasespiff

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
I also did it today and so far so good. The cell is down to 6% so that's good but my screen is way up at 27% so don't know what's up with that also im sure that the blue tint while taking pics and videos is gone. I took a pic and a vid and saw no blur tint at all. So maybe fixed it. I would like to know if your pics are better.

alexis

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure whether I deleted some bloatware when I got the D3 a few months ago ...

Is there any way for me to figure that out, and reverse the deletion (if I did) so I can get the update?

Thanks -