Camera App keeps crashing.

TechTinker

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Allot of times recently when ever I use the camera app, after I take the picture it crashes (and the picture dosent save) Not sure if this did it before the update.

But, whats up?

kismet769

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. I went rounds with Verizon and Moto yesterday about this. Verizon has decided to let get a different phone at no cost.

TechTinker

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Wait so you went to a verizon store and got a new phone (Droid 3, or different?) for free? I would understand Droid 3, because of Warranty. But what do I do?
I can stand the issue most of the time, though its annoying same with the Camera load time, shutter time is ok.

I just like motorola and the keyboard (and the buttons order, main reason for liking the moto phones. xD and Motoblur is my favorite skin. though i like sense (the customization) and touch wiz (the color bgs are meh, but atleast they all look more uniform. Why did I even write that.

TechTinker

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
And no like this morning and now and then (espc while riding my bike) the music starts to skip, not like big skip just like lalal-a--la

This is kinda annoying theirs also some build problems I been having to.

I just got a few questions with the phone. Like the keyboard just slides so easily epsc to the first row which unlocks the phone, and stops netflix. also it opens up when i try to the volume cause my thumb was resting on the side.

and on the lower right side, you can kinda push on it, and feel it go up and down

Now it just slides like a dream (locks up now and then still. Wish it didnt slide so easy when its fully closed, i have to take it out my pocket to close it now and then.

kismet769

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm on my second D3. The first one was horrible so VZW sent me another one. After the update, (which fixed most of the issues that I was having), I started having the camera force close issues, along with not being able to open pictures or videos. The soft keys barely work on this phone, same with the first D3 I had.

After calling VZW Tech support and getting transferred to Moto, (which went horribly bad), I called the Verizon Customer Loyalty number. The guy I talked to there was very nice and is sending me a LG Revolution.

He offered me a Breakout also, but that thing looks horrible and I would probably kill it after three days use. I was offered these two phones because they were comparable in price to the D3. I did ask about getting a TBolt or Bionic. He said I could but would have to pay the difference, which I understand.

I chose the Revolution, it'll be a decent place holder until I can scrounge up enough money, (and talk the GF into letting me blow the money), to get the Nexus.

TechTinker

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I brought it up, and since we got it through radio shack when they added Verizon, and was doing the $100 off deals. My mom says we cant just take into verizon or anything, but have to go through and send it back to radio shack. Is that true? How do I this, haha im so useless. D:

Also, is there ANY way for the Camera to open faster. Dual core, this is ridiculous :/

Last edited:

kismet769

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Ok so I brought it up, and since we got it through radio shack when they added Verizon, and was doing the $100 off deals. My mom says we cant just take into verizon or anything, but have to go through and send it back to radio shack. Is that true? How do I this, haha im so useless. D:

Also, is there ANY way for the Camera to open faster. Dual core, this is ridiculous :/

If you buy a phone form a third party retailer such as Radio Shack, Best Buy, or any others, then they are responsible for the device for the first thirty days. After that you can take it to a Verizon corporate store or call Verizon and they will replace it.

smurfette8202

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I hate this force close issue! I have taken a lot of pictures with my fone and most of them werent saved because of this force closed!!!!! I wish verizon/moto would fix this issue!