Help with Settings

BoostHungry

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I just got the Droid 3 via a warranty replacement of my OG Droid and I'm a little frustrated setting this phone up.

Firstly, I can not for the life of me figure out how to set emails to vibrate only while having a ringtone for text messages. I understand that I can set specific ringtones for notifications from within a specific app, but no such options exist within my gmail app. I open gmail -> menu button -> more -> settings -> my account -> and then I scroll to the bottom where "Notification settings" is but the only option is to enable/disable "Email notifications" and an option for which 'labels' to be notified about. There is no way I can find to change the ringtone or set the ringtone to vibrate only from within the gmail app on the Droid 3.

I then thought to set all notifications to vibrate only and then set the text messaging application to a specific ringtone. But through the main menu -> sound -> Notification ringtone, there is no option for 'none' or 'vibrate only'. Am I completely missing something? How do I set gmail to vibrate only and allow a ringtone for text messaging?

Another huge issue I'm having is with haptic feedback. I turned it off but the phone is still vibrating every time I type. It's driving me insane, I hate haptic feedback, specially when it's so exaggerated. Why is it still on when I disabled it?

Please help me with these Settings issues guys!

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I understand that I can set specific ringtones for notifications from within a specific app, but no such options exist within my gmail app. I open gmail -> menu button -> more -> settings -> my account -> and then I scroll to the bottom where "Notification settings" is but the only option is to enable/disable "Email notifications" and an option for which 'labels' to be notified about. There is no way I can find to change the ringtone or set the ringtone to vibrate only from within the gmail app on the Droid 3.

You were almost there. If you click on "labels to notify", it will list all of the labels within the setting above this - Sync inbox and labels - where you can specify which labels are synced with the phone. I think that the Inbox is set to the last four days by default, but you can also specify others.

When you tap labels to notify, it will list all of those labels, listing what the notification settings are for each. From here, you can tap on each to set them to get or not get notifications, set the Ringtone (which includes silent), set whether it vibrates on notification, and whether it sets off the notification once until you clear it (by clearing from the notification bar, or entering the Gmail app on that label) or every time a message is received.

I then thought to set all notifications to vibrate only and then set the text messaging application to a specific ringtone. But through the main menu -> sound -> Notification ringtone, there is no option for 'none' or 'vibrate only'. Am I completely missing something? How do I set gmail to vibrate only and allow a ringtone for text messaging?

See above.

Another huge issue I'm having is with haptic feedback. I turned it off but the phone is still vibrating every time I type. It's driving me insane, I hate haptic feedback, specially when it's so exaggerated. Why is it still on when I disabled it?

Which is your default keyboard? You turn off for the default multi-touch keyboard in settings->language & keyboard settings->Multi-touch keyboard; uncheck "Vibrate on keypress."

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty