| || |
Are there games/apps that push the hardware to it's limits?
Are there any games or apps that push dual-core processors in smartphones to it's limits or are there any apps that are designed to do so? So far, all I'm seeing (thanks to the CPU Usage Monitor app) is is pushes on the processor that would use most of a 1 Ghz single core processor splitting the load between the two cores; basically a 1 Ghz load will have 60% of it be handled by one core and the other 40% be handled by the other core. I do understand that this helps with battery life since a single core running at 100% uses more battery life than two cores working together splitting the task(s) to take care of the load. Two cores running at 100% would take a hell of a toll on battery life, but IMO there should be some apps that are designed to do this with a warning in the app's description in the market. If people are warned about the app being designed to push the hardware of phones with dual-core processors to their limits thus consuming a lot of juice, then there shouldn't be a problem.
I notice that when I turn the D3 on, both cores move at 75%-100% variably; it is up and running and ready for use without lag as soon as the sd cards are prepared. Why shouldn't I have an option to check on whether or not I want my phone to perform at this level as long as I'm comfortable with knowing that my battery life will be affected? Hey I've been a power user of smartphones for years so I know not to expect more than 4.5- 6 hrs of battery life. But if I buy a phone with a dual-core processor, I don't want it to be limited to saving battery life at the expense of it's processing power. I mean, at least let me choose whether or not I want the device to save power or perform at a high level.
Does this make sense?
Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk